Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New From Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    Looks like a VHS...

Attachment 42812
    I can see it but without seeing more I would say that it my be a bit of a stretch. However the VHS is made by the outfit that makes all the XD pistols so springfield has an existing relationship with them. It would make sense.

As for the rifle itself. The only thing I know about it is that the stock can be adjusted for m16A2 plus length to m16A2 plus plus.

The only thing I can possibly get excited about would be a 9mm AR that locked open on an empty mag and didn't cost $1,000. But if Springfield did that it would take XD mags and I'd be disappointed all over again. I'm hoping it's something cool that I haven't thought of, I'm expecting something I don't care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Meet the Bullpup Saint...

http://hs-produkt.hr/proizvodi/vhs/
    Doubling down on my original bet.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

They have a 4.5” XDE on their website. That’s not the new gun? I can’t keep up with everything they come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Doubling down on my original bet.

Well if it is, cool as it may be, it ain't worth 8 and a half pounds to me. That's twice what my current duty AR weighs.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-23-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm expecting something I don't care about.
    This
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Well if it is, cool as it may be, it ain't worth 8 and a half pounds to me. That's twice what my current duty AR weighs.
    Briefest of threadjacks: your duty AR tips the scales at four and one-quarter pounds? That's usually tricked-out race gun weight. What's your set-up?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Posts on XD Talk seem to indicate it's a new, slim semi-automatic called the Hellcat, with a factory cut for optics.

What I want, 9mm railed TRP and railed Champion, or a 2011 offering. What we will get is not that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorikid; 09-23-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Briefest of threadjacks: your duty AR tips the scales at four and one-quarter pounds? That's usually tricked-out race gun weight. What's your set-up?

I am running a Hunter Rifle works CSAT Javlin. They were built by Hunter Rifle works to Paul Howes Specifications. Matched billet upper and lower, 2A rail with titanium nut, gas block, castle nut, and take down pins. Barrel is FN lightweight 14.5 middie 1 in 7. Mission First Mil Spec stock, BCM Mod grip. Hunter Rifle Works BCG with adjustable gas key. The barrel was originally a Faxon LW, but I changed it to the FN LW later. Originally the rifle came in at 4.1 oz but the FN barrel was slightly heavier. It now comes in at 4.3 oz with BUIS. The Faxon wasn't giving me the groups I wanted with 55 grain cheapo range ammo. The harmonics on the Faxon barrel worked better with heavier stuff, 62 and up.

After years of carrying standard weight AR's on duty, and SRT, I wanted something lightweight.

Here it is next to one our department SBR's. The Javlin is the one on the right.

Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-23-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List