Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New From Springfield

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sights you can see and the stippling has potential. It's probably not something I'll be jumping all over, but it's an interesting offering.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Sigh.

Am I the only one who's grown weary of the Edgy Space Cadet look? Always those angles, always those sharp corners! Always those "things" sticking out. Why could they not have recreated the look of the 1908 Colt, but in 9mm and with only the most necessary functional changes?

And maybe some sights.

You're not the only one. Most of the pistols that have been released lately look like they would be at home in the blister pack next to a 1980s GI Joe figure.

My Operationally Operating Operator mind tells me looks don't matter, but I bought a blued revolver when I really should have bought stainless, because I thought it was pretty. So I guess I'm softening in my old age.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

As a P365 shooter I'd love to get my hands on one to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I, for one, am pretty excited for it. If it proves reliable, it will give the P365 a run for it's money.
    Surprised to see the inadvertent operation of slide lock lever is as bad as (or worse than) the P365. Optics cut isn't a huge deal for me right now, but extra capacity is always nice. The hellcat also won't be pushed out of battery at point blank like the p365 can be sometimes. I also like that SA has textured an index finger reference point.

Very curious how magazine release and mag changes compare. That is what really hampers the P365 in competition...

Downsides? Not made in the USA. Doesn't appear to be modular either.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 09-25-2019 at 11:45 AM.

So this is obviously aimed at the P365:

Higher capacity
    Melonited internals to prevent rust (P365 has issues with this)
    Reliability out of the box (According to their ads anyway). So I don't have to beta test it for them.
    Optic Cut

If this all pans out at a reasonable street price I think we might have a good thing on our hands here.
    Owner Rockey Brass
    www.rockeybrass.com
    Reloading supplies and firearms parts

Coulda been worse, I guess.

One word.

GLOCk'KILLA

Maybe not but still cool. Not for me, but still, it's a cool idea. I love that companies are putting out new guns. Maybe some day they'll make something perfect for me. Think "The Homer."

And I hope they put a NRA membership in every box.
    A71593

I dig it! I can see others close on the P365 heels. Can’t wait to see what Walther, S&W, CZ, and others have in store for us.

I will probably try it, as it is is smaller and lighter than my XDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockey View Post
    If this all pans out at a reasonable street price I think we might have a good thing on our hands here.
    Folks are placing $499 online orders for the optics cut version.

But where do I GRIP it?!?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Well, fuck me, I was wrong. I'll get my micro 9mm beta tester buddy to buy one, then see if it sucks.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List