Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Magazine Extensions

Excellent insight on the Magpul 21s. I have several that are 100% reliable In uspsa but I only run FMJ in them.

I have seen enough aftermarket extension failures to only trust them for sport.

I've had good luck with Taran extensions on older gen4 and gen3 mags. Not saying I've had problems on new mags, just that I haven't tried it.

ETS mags are, IME, fragile garbage. One drop in a sandy bay is enough to cause it to stop feeding. I have 3 which have been relegated to practice only in clean environments and they work fine for that. Just don't drop one on a hard surface or you'll see the guts go flying.

21 round Pmags are pretty good. Way more durable than ETS, but still more sensitive to sand and debris than OEM mags. I've also had the feed lips fail on one and it let's the top round cant upwards.

So far the 24 rounder OEM worms great. Not USPSA legal but it's durable and doesn't care if I drop it in sand. Perfect for Run'n'gun/biathlons.

To date my OEM tubes with Taran extensions have not given me any issues. I know of people who have had them come off but I've run 2 through ~60-70 miles of RNG competitions, often with them in a Glock 19, and never had an issue.
    Last edited by littlejerry; 09-02-2019 at 03:28 PM.

I have a few of the 19x +2 glock mags and i like them

Magpul, as long as i use fmj brass case, is ok. Otherwise they do not work

Ets is iffy. Like magpul the choke on anything that isnt brass FMJ, but I've had a few that just do not work at all

Another vote for the OEM 24rd mags. Before them I used OEM +2’s or TTI.

ETA: if you build your own +2’s remember to use the G22 spring with the extra coil in place of the G17 spring.
    Last edited by El Cid; 09-11-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by x2humbucker View Post
    I am looking to add magazine extensions to my Glock 17 Magazines. What are the available options that would be durable enough for duty use?
    I like the arredondo +6, they seem to be the most reliable in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Glock added a wedge insert to the +2's many years back that solved the baseplate coming off and launching the guts and rounds all over the room issue.
    The biggest issue with the improved +2's is the baseplate is damn near permanent now, you pretty much destroy the magazine and/or the +2 when you remove them (even with the proper tools).

The only Glock magazine extensions I'd trust for carry are the factory +2's. I carry one in my 19X when I am on the adventure motorcycle in the backcountry carrying OWB "concealed" (I often print, but under the circumstances it's no big deal, the "concealment" is mainly to keep grime off the gun), under a shirt or light jacket.
    Haven't had those issues with getting them off

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I've had good luck with Taran extensions on older gen4 and gen3 mags. Not saying I've had problems on new mags, just that I haven't tried it.

ETS mags are, IME, fragile garbage. One drop in a sandy bay is enough to cause it to stop feeding. I have 3 which have been relegated to practice only in clean environments and they work fine for that. Just don't drop one on a hard surface or you'll see the guts go flying.

21 round Pmags are pretty good. Way more durable than ETS, but still more sensitive to sand and debris than OEM mags. I've also had the feed lips fail on one and it let's the top round cant upwards.

So far the 24 rounder OEM worms great. Not USPSA legal but it's durable and doesn't care if I drop it in sand. Perfect for Run'n'gun/biathlons.

To date my OEM tubes with Taran extensions have not given me any issues. I know of people who have had them come off but I've run 2 through ~60-70 miles of RNG competitions, often with them in a Glock 19, and never had an issue.
    Have had more issues with TTI than arredondos and they seem to chew up the mags when put on since they're aluminum, unlike the arredondos.

I want to try the 24 rounders (I wish they just made them 140mm mags...)

Dawson Precision +5 work great, competition and duty. Never had one pop off in many thousands of rounds. Same for factory +2s and TTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say none.. watched several ppl at my range blow extensions off their mags when dropped on the concrete floor.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Can't use Glock 24 round mags?

Extensions, of any type, have a history of not working well.
    I'm loving the 24's. They've proven quite reliable with training and duty type ammunition, to include steel-cased range fodder, something that the MagPul 21's seem to choke on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I'm loving the 24's. They've proven quite reliable with training and duty type ammunition, to include steel-cased range fodder, something that the MagPul 21's seem to choke on.
    I have two I have thoroughly vetted and they run very well.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

None. I've seen them all fail when run hard. To include Arredondo, Hyve, TTI, Pierce, etc. Lightning Strike makes an excellent basepad that doe not add capacity, but also will not fail and speeds up your reloads by virtue of the extra weight empty mags shoot out of the magwell.

User Tag List