Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trimmer Motor Hack - Perfect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Must rename thread to, "Feel stupid you bought a Giraud Power Trimmer."
    The Giraud, also like the Gracey, does chamfer at the same time so not total equivalent. My scheme on this is using a second station in the progressive the run a Squirrel Daddy expander down into the necks to size them on the way in instead of the way out, and part of my theory is that it will break the edge on the way in. Still not totally proven but it seemed to work on the first Qty500 300BO I did that way.

True but the real work is trimming.

I still run a Gracey, actually a Super Gracey, with the high-speed motor upgrade, and a Giraud carbide bit. The back story is that I bought a used Gracey and the motor would overheat rather quickly so I figgered out which replacement motor matched the motor that Giraud uses in his upgrades as closely as possible, and then I figgered out how to wire it correctly and made myself a monster trimmer. The things a torque monster now. I also have a Lyman Power Case Trimmer (one is none, and two are one) for smaller, faster jobs. I was really close to buying a bunch of Giraud Tri-Way trimmers for use in my drill press, but I was pretty stubborn about not getting screwed on the used Gracey, and I still have less in it than I would have in a new, slower version of it.

Just checking back in on this to mention that my wife bought some of these gloves for her print shop and they are working great for case trimming
    https://www.uline.com/BL_6532/Uline-...-Coated-Gloves

User Tag List