Thread: Army Pulls New Individual Weapons Training and Qualification Manual, TC 3-20.40

Site Supporter

Army Pulls New Individual Weapons Training and Qualification Manual, TC 3-20.40

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/09/01...r4NUM#comments

Army Pulls New Individual Weapons Training and Qualification Manual, TC 3-20.40

Currently under investigation, the manual, which transforms both training and qualification standards for Soldiers, is being held up because insensitive examples were used in illustrations.
    What was so insensitive you might ask? Racial slurs ? Sexual innuendo ?

Why no, it is actually quotations from that pesky second amendment to the constitution soldiers swear to uphold and defend of course !

Name:  F1252D30-8A48-47C7-A1B6-0C6913177154.jpg
Views: 1723
Size:  38.4 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 09-01-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Wait, what if we, the citizenry, are offended by this pusillanimous action?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wait, what if we, the citizenry, are offended by this pusillanimous action?
    The institutional Army has never had a sense of humor. . . .

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I guess there's now 214 things Skippy isn't allowed to do (although he was Chair Force, IIRC)
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

That's fucking awesome, and I need to find someone at the NCO Club and buy him or her a round or three.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I guess there's now 214 things Skippy isn't allowed to do (although he was Chair Force, IIRC)
    Negative, although there are those who doubt that Civil Affairs soldiers are actually, you know, soldiers...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Speaking of TC 3-20.40...

Strategy Page: Infantry: Memories To Survive By
    September 16, 2019: Based on combat experience gained since 2001 the U.S. Army is making some major changes in the way it teaches, and tests, the how all troops handle their weapons. This is the first major overhaul for this subject since 2006. While it is all described in the new, 800 page TC 3-20.40 manual, lots of the items included have been added separately to weapons training during the last fifteen years. Now the annual weapons qualifications test is reflecting all of that What it comes down to is that troops must demonstrate not just shooting accuracy each year, but a larger array of related skills. These include firing night and day as well as well as while wearing a gas mask. Troops must not only seek to hit the target on the firing range but to do so while moving and changing firing positions. These include standing, kneeling and prone. The firing exercise is also continuous and troops carry extra ammo in on them as they would in combat and are tested on how well they get new magazines from where it is carried and into the weapon. There is no longer just one target but multiple targets and you are rated on how well you quickly select and fire on the one that is the greatest threat. There are no longer time-outs for jammed weapons or other problems. You are rated on how well you deal with these realistic disruptions. These problems could be fatal in combat if you didn’t know how to handle it under fire. All this is done while moving downrange among other troops firing and facing the same problems.

The new weapons qualification test will not be as much as a shock to the average soldier because a lot of the new items tested because of TC 3-20.40 are already part of basic and advanced infantry training. This came about because the army quickly realized after 2001 that better weapons training was required for the infantry as well as everyone else. Especially everyone else. So you could say that you could say TC 3-20.40 has been a work in progress for over fifteen years.

By 2005 combat experience in Iraq had already changed the way the army trained its troops to use their rifles, machine-guns and pistols. Since two thirds of the casualties are caused by roadside bombs and gunfire from ambushes, troops have had to learn to use their weapons reflexively. This is a special kind of shooting, and the army usually had its hands full just teaching the troops the basics. This was especially the case for combat support troops, who are not expected to use their weapons often, if at all. In Iraq any combat support troops outside a base quickly learned that combat was a very real possibility at any time. Thus, by late 2003, more elaborate and intensive weapons training became a necessity.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Negative, although there are those who doubt that Civil Affairs soldiers are actually, you know, soldiers...
    I guess that depends now doesn’t it? 95th or someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned a long time ago not to question anything the military did/does.

Now congress or the President (few of which have ever been in the military), that's way different.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-16-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List