Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with Korth snubby anyone?

Experiences with Korth snubby anyone?

Recently took a revolver class and the instructor allowed me to shoot his Korth/Nighthawk .357.

A very nice revolver indeed but my vintage Model 66 3 inch was nice enough in a side by side shooting experience that I didn't have to sell three other things to get one. If I was younger the predicted longevity of the Korth might make a difference but I couldn't wear out my S&W collection in any reasonable lifetime.

However, who here has experience with the Korth Sky Marshall snubby? This really does offer something different than my old 66 or 686+ revolvers.

I would probably have to sell 5 other things to pay for it but I need to reduce my clutter badly. Does the Sky Marshall "spark joy" in those who've used it? Detail please.

I wanted one badly when I first messed around with it at SHOT show.....now.....my interests go towards older Smiths.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I was able to shoot one a year or so ago. It's owned by a member of my gun club. Shoots 9mm without moonclips, as I recall. He installed large rubber grips on it, Smith and Wesson I think, kind of defeating the purpose of the gun, I thought. It shot well with minimal recoil and seemed very well constructed. At the time, I only found one holster made for it. Really pricey and nothing magical about it.
    Real guns have hammers.

I was allowed to test the double actions on two Korths.
    Sorry don't recall the exact model numbers.

Being a DA revolver shooter, I found the Korths to be
    very quick, too quick! Seemed like once I started
    pressing the triggers, they went all the way back
    and fired.

I didn't like that.

Maybe with time I could get used to it but
    with the Smiths and Rugers I use, I'm happy
    where I am.

I keep thinking that a Korth (or a lightly massaged Manurhin MR-73) is in my future. I mean, I’d have to really want it more than 5-6 wheelguns I already have, but maybe someday.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Any pics of the snubby? I only see k-frame sized korths online.

Quote Originally Posted by talos View Post
    Any pics of the snubby? I only see k-frame sized korths online.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

A local dealer has one of these, in stock. Pre-owned. If I really wanted it, I could budget for it, and make it work, if I could convince myself I would use it. Realistically, however, I want to have a “pair and a spare” of my working guns, and buying three would only be possible by making a significant dent in my retirement savings, so, well, no. Sigh.

Coming back down to earth, I have four slick SP101 .357 fiveguns, two of them Weigand “Tame the Beast” customs, (without the porting option,) two slick Speed Sixes, a sweet 2” S&W 64-3, plus, a herd of GP100 sixguns. These are my “workin’ guns.” I have a 17-4 .22 LR, for training, and various S&W snubs, in reserve.

I allow myself to collect USFA Single Actions. We have a Colt Lightning, that functions, and I may replace the Colt SAA that disappeared during clean-up after a flood. (I still hope to find where it may have been misplaced, after being disassembled and soaked in Ballistol.) Colt Official Police DA revolvers are nice; I may allow myself one. Otherwise, I need to limit myself.

It is good to know, of course, that such a magnificent little beast, this Korth snubby, exists.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-03-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    A short barrel revolver is of very limited usefulness without at least some variety of holsters available for it. While I have not handled this particular gun, the Korth revolvers I handled at the most recent NRA annual meeting had incredible DA trigger pulls. However, without a good way to carry it, what is the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    A short barrel revolver is of very limited usefulness without at least some variety of holsters available for it. While I have not handled this particular gun, the Korth revolvers I handled at the most recent NRA annual meeting had incredible DA trigger pulls. However, without a good way to carry it, what is the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, there is a belt clip mounted on the limited-edition Korth snubs.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List