Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Odessa/Midland Two Active Shooters? (Aug 31)

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's a broken system and LE knows it.

All I'm saying here is we're going to get a nat'l UBC.
    So the plan is to double down on a known broken system... brilliant!
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The shooter worked for SLB from July to November 2013, so not a recent employee. It's a shame he wasn't put down earlier. I'm glad he didn't last any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    So the plan is to double down on a known broken system... brilliant!
    LOL... Thats how incrementalism works to a large degree. Throw in root cause creation, either purposefully or via unintended consequences and its a hay day for beurocrats. The goal is to get to an end stage. You create an environment that causes problems. In this instance lets say this guy was a few sandwiches short of a picnic and yet still loose in public. Suppose the incessant cuts to mental health centers and such since the 60's or even before have had an impact n keeping these assclowns out in public?Still wondering why he failed a BG in TX as the listed convictions aren't serious enough to warrant that AFAIK. You then propose a BS solution that will not truly work. Rinse and repeat till your end stage is reached. Best of all the dipshits in general population will demand you do something!!

I would 100% support a UBC that was anonymous and available in an app. You can run anyone you want for any reason. No need to note the reason in the system. Want to check out your daughters date, why not? Want to run your neighbor who you're thinking about sell ing your rifle to? Why not. Want to run the candidates on the ballot? Why not. No reasons need to be given to the .gov, just that XYZ was run on 9/3/19 at 1717 and was told this person was not a felon or wanted for anything. But that isn't what is desired. What is desired. There is little to no desire to keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people. If it were we wouldn't have prohibited person in possession being probably the LEAST punished crime. Whats the first thing to get tossed during a plea bargain?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Look for some red flag provision in the nat'l UBC. You will now be the subject of an investigation. Maybe not by the FBI but local LE. It's the next shit storm on the horizon. I'm already dealing with it.
    In what way are you "dealing with it"?

What is the danger to citizens if getting a false-positive NICS hit is referred to LE?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

WWCD? is my new motto when it comes to new or even the majority of existing laws.
    What Would Clinton/Comey Do?
    Heck if the answer is good enough for the director of the FBI or the Secretary of State it's good enough for me.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    In what way are you "dealing with it"?

What is the danger to citizens if getting a false-positive NICS hit is referred to LE?
    Isn't that what UPIN's are for ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I got a false positive NICS hit when I tried to buy a 642 from the same dealer I had bought at least five guns from. It wasn't referred to LE, but I did have to go through the jug screw involved in getting a UPIN...including fingerprints. 28 years with a TS clearance and the government wanted ANOTHER set.

Getting a false positive can happen as easily as having the same first and last names as a prohibited person. Even if you provide your SSN, if the prohibited person whose data generates the false positive didn't, you're SOL.

That said, I haven't had any problems since I got the UPIN.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I got a false positive NICS hit when I tried to buy a 642 from the same dealer I had bought at least five guns from. It wasn't referred to LE, but I did have to go through the jug screw involved in getting a UPIN...including fingerprints. 28 years with a TS clearance and the government wanted ANOTHER set.

Getting a false positive can happen as easily as having the same first and last names as a prohibited person. Even if you provide your SSN, if the prohibited person whose data generates the false positive didn't, you're SOL.

That said, I haven't had any problems since I got the UPIN.
    I have two co-workers who have UPINs.

One of them is not even the same race as their Name and DOB match.

Guy supposedly bought his gun FTF private.
    Due to his stated job and employer this guy had to have a current CDL with HAZMAT.
    Two points to ponder and pass around when discussing UBC bullshit.
    How the fuck does a guy who fails a NICS due to being adjudicated mentally unfit get a CDL with a damn HAZMAT endorsement?
    Someone selling him a firearm should have been able to assume he wasn't a prohibited due to having a same state CDL, the HAZMAT endorsement should have been an additional reassurance.

Cleared to drive a 80,000# semi full of hazardous materials, too dangerous to own a firearm.
    Clown world.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Guy supposedly bought his gun FTF private.
    Due to his stated job and employer this guy had to have a current CDL with HAZMAT.
    Two points to ponder and pass around when discussing UBC bullshit.
    How the fuck does a guy who fails a NICS due to being adjudicated mentally unfit get a CDL with a damn HAZMAT endorsement?
    Someone selling him a firearm should have been able to assume he wasn't a prohibited due to having a same state CDL, the HAZMAT endorsement should have been an additional reassurance.

Cleared to drive a 80,000# semi full of hazardous materials, too dangerous to own a firearm.
    Clown world.
    Clearly he was too dangerous to own a firearm, and also too dangerous to drive hazardous materials.

User Tag List