Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger Single Six (and Seven, Nine and Ten, of course) Thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Man, time flies. I've been creeping on Ruger SAs again. Thought I'd look and see if we had a thread on Single Sixes. I find this one...

Anyway, I found an interesting deal on an older Single Six Bisley in .32 H&R, blued, with the drift-adjustable rear sight and fluted cylinder. Not uber-rare from my research, but I don't think I've seen one before. I really like the flutes better than the unfluted roll marked cylinders. Good looking revolvers have flutes, that's just the way it is. Enough of a turn line to be a shooter, but very clean overall. Cheaper than it would be on GB.

I don't have anything .32, so it would be another caliber to load, but I have powders. Add half a thousand Starline cases, a couple boxes of XTPs and dies, and I'm looking at an easy $800 to get up and running with it.

But it's pretty and interesting, and seems fun. And I don't have an SA yet.

Theoretically, the drift-adjustable sight should be less subject to minor uncontrolled movement than an adjustable Ruger, I'd have a more limited range of loads that would hit to the same POI without moving stuff around, but at least more ability to get it set up right in the first place than with a Vaquero. So it seems to actually be suited to how it should be used, which is to find one or two loads that work and then just run it.

Obviously don't need it. It would just be for S&G and to dip my toe in the SA world a little.

Anyone have good reasons to go for it or not?

ETA: Pronunciation?

I always assumed that Bisley was pronounced like island, i.e., by-lee. I've recently heard a few people saying it biz-lee, which seems much less to me like how you'd pronounce the name of a place in England, which is on an island.

Anyone authoritative on this point?
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 06-25-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

According to Wikerpedia it's pronounced "Biz-lee".

Get the .32 Single Six. If you don't like it, it shouldn't be difficult to move.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    According to Wikerpedia it's pronounced "Biz-lee".

Get the .32 Single Six. If you don't like it, it shouldn't be difficult to move.
    This, this, and this.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Man, time flies. I've been creeping on Ruger SAs again. Thought I'd look and see if we had a thread on Single Sixes. I find this one...

Anyway, I found an interesting deal on an older Single Six Bisley in .32 H&R, blued, with the drift-adjustable rear sight and fluted cylinder. Not uber-rare from my research, but I don't think I've seen one before. I really like the flutes better than the unfluted roll marked cylinders. Good looking revolvers have flutes, that's just the way it is. Enough of a turn line to be a shooter, but very clean overall. Cheaper than it would be on GB.
    WTF is wrong with you? Just buy it. I've got SAs in larger calibers, but the Single Seven is my favorite.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List