Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone catch the new David Chappelle Netflix special?

Anyone catch the new David Chappelle Netflix special?

Damn! He let loose on our new societal politically correct, zero defect mentality. I agree with him, but man he pulled no punches.
    #RESIST

I saw the preview and have been tempted to watch, but I figured it might be a lot of him pushing a bunch of leftist views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    We saw it and enjoyed it. Not the least but surprised people are upset. Stand up comedians like Dave are one of the last bastions of political incorrectness.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I saw the preview and have been tempted to watch, but I figured it might be a lot of him pushing a bunch of leftist views.
    Definitely not leftist.
    #RESIST

I sometimes think (read: dream) about leaving academia to become a comedian. Satire really is one of the last bastions against political correctness.

I've seen some stupid shit here in Chicago, where the stand-up comedy scene is pretty big. Several clubs no longer allow "controversial subject matter" to be discussed, because there is a group of feminist comedians who basically go around terrorizing club owners and other comedians like a pack of bullies. It's awfully tempting to get on stage and fire back.

Not sure why you think he would pull punches. Pulling punches is sort of safe space after all, isn't it?

Just watched it. Laughed like a drain.

Loved his total up yours to "cancel culture"
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Loved it!

Clip from the Netflix YouTube channel. NSFW.

https://youtu.be/wZXoErL2124
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 08-31-2019 at 01:40 PM.

User Tag List