Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone catch the new David Chappelle Netflix special?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I saw the preview and have been tempted to watch, but I figured it might be a lot of him pushing a bunch of leftist views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, he pushed them. Pushed them right off a cliff where they caught fire. I enjoyed it. He made funny racist jokes about whites and I laughed. Because they were funny and I don't have a thin skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    Yep, he pushed them. Pushed them right off a cliff where they caught fire. I enjoyed it. He made funny racist jokes about whites and I laughed. Because they were funny and I don't have a thin skin.
    Wife and I watched it last night and your comment sums up my reaction nicely.

They had a huge membership drop because of “cuties” ie conservative leaning subscribers. I havent heard of a backlash from whomever aligns theirselves with whatever groups are protesting Dave. Cancel culture looses this round and I would hope that, plus any employees they choose to fire, provides an important lesson.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1100620

Also the Lt Govenor of NC Mark Robinson was targeted by the same groups. His video had graphic examples of books pushed on elementary children in his own State. These groups dont want to be accepted. They want to force their viewpoints on people with no consideration of alternate viewpoints. I guess this is all part of Obamas goal of fundamentally changing America.

Last edited by UNK; 10-17-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Really

Tells you he hates whites and makes fun of disabled vets, lost me as a fan. -F him

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Saunders View Post
    Tells you he hates whites and makes fun of disabled vets, lost me as a fan. -F him
    A disabled vet started this thread and hes also white as is the majority of this forum. Enemy of my enemies kind of thing maybe?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I started to watch it, and though I usually like his routines, I wasn't engaged and stopped watching only a few minutes in. I must've missed all the controversy...just didn't keep my interest enough to stick around.
    I fell asleep in 10 minutes the first time trying to watch it. I watched it yesterday, and while there were some jokes, mostly it was a half of a conversation, explaining his views, from a person who always views the absurdity of life through humor (I understand that with the craziness I have dealt with in life. I have a very dark sense of humor from it).
    Unless you deal with trans in some fashion (that you would hear complaints about him), I don't even see the need for listening for his viewpoint. (like overhearing a conversation that doesn't pertain to you)

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I fell asleep in 10 minutes the first time trying to watch it. I watched it yesterday, and while there were some jokes, mostly it was a half of a conversation, explaining his views, from a person who always views the absurdity of life through humor (I understand that with the craziness I have dealt with in life. I have a very dark sense of humor from it).
    Unless you deal with trans in some fashion (that you would hear complaints about him), I don't even see the need for listening for his viewpoint. (like overhearing a conversation that doesn't pertain to you)
    My wife and I generally enjoy his shows, and Bill Burr as well, but sometimes they just don't set the hook. This last from Chappelle and the last one or two from Burr had me looking for something else to watch. And so it goes. (It's certainly not because we were offended.)

ETA:

I don't have much personal experience with the trans community, by and large. Back in the early to mid 70's I had a girlfriend who went to Carleton U. in Ottawa. During a visit up there one winter, she introduced me to a friend of hers who was to become, (allegedly), Canada's first transgender person. "He", (at least back then), was a very nice person, and a fun guy to party with except for the fact that he'd hit on me every now and again, which became a bit tiresome. LOL.
    Last edited by blues; 10-17-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Saunders View Post
    I’m a white disabled vet and I didn’t get that impression at all.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m a white disabled vet and I didn’t get that impression at all.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute...this is getting too complicated. So, who has to be cancelled?

Jen...save us from ourselves, please...tell us what to do.

There's nothing civil about this war.

I watched "Sticks and Stones" last night and I didn't like the beginning of one sketch, but I liked the end and then I concluded (I could be wrong, but I don't think so) that the beginning was a setup for the point he wanted to make about the topic. The subject was abortion and in summary, he started by stating that if you have a dick, you don't get a say. Abortion or not is totally with the woman. Then he paused and continued stating that the woman had the choice to abort and not, but if she chose not to abort, the man had no obligation to pay for the child. Her body, her choice. His money, his choice. His choice to raise or abandon the child. My conclusion was that he didn't believe what he said, but he used it to illustrate that when it involves two people, one of them doesn't have the right to decide the outcome when it also involves the other. On this topic, women (many of them) take the position that men have no say in whether the baby is aborted or not, or whether they pay to support the child for the next 20 years. His point (I believe) is that you don't get to skew responsibility and choice in an unfair manner. That premise can be applied to other contentious issues as well.

There are other topics where I see an anti-white theme. But there were Jim Crow laws, there was discrimination and the requirement for concealed carry permits was racist from the get go. So I give him a little slack. Just a little. Because I am not Black, was never Black, didn't grow up in Black communities and there may be significant nuances of that environment that I don't know and don't understand.

Freedom means he can say stuff I don't like and freedom means I can change the channel.

User Tag List