Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discreet shotgun/rifle case for something that doesn’t really breakdown east...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'd say discreet cases aren't...
    Agreed.

Promedia Gear large tripod bag; big enough to hold more than one gun. Let’s see if this link works; I have no affiliation with the maker or seller, other than being a multi-time satisfied customer:

https://www.adorama.com/pmgbag01.htm...hredirect=true

It may be possible to order the same product through Amazon, perhaps through Adorama’s Amazon “store,” to support your favored Amazon affiliate.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-01-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Last edited by joeb1; 09-01-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Another vote for guitar/bass gig bags or cases.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Can't go wrong with a Lamp Box if you want something no-profile. Toss in the 1301 with a soft case, single piece of tape closure on the top, and you could be moving or selling something:

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies...747&media=8711
    Unrelated to the topic at hand, but that's very similar to how I moved my guns the last two times we've moved. We had a moving company coming to take everything, but I'd already packed up the valuables, booze, and guns with the rest of the stuff (clothes, toiletries, etc.) we were taking in our own Penske truck. I used a couple wardrobe boxes intermingled with our other stuff (we were moving into corporate/temp housing while our stuff went into storage) and all the boxes were packed and had tamper evident tape on them when the movers got there. I loaded the stuff onto my little Penske truck and that was it. The head guy asked if the guns were still in the safe, told him they'd already been sent ahead.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    I like this - the right size / shape, but very generic.
    Bookmarked for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Promedia Gear large tripod bag; big enough to hold more than one gun. Let’s see if this link works; I have no affiliation with the maker or seller, other than being a multi-time satisfied customer:

https://www.adorama.com/pmgbag01.htm...hredirect=true

It may be possible to order the same product through Amazon, perhaps through Adorama’s Amazon “store,” to support your favored Amazon affiliate.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Anyone else ever think about using a golf bag to haul long guns to the range?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I like this - the right size / shape, but very generic.
    Bookmarked for future use.
    Same. I'm liking that one. Probably pretty sturdy too given the heft that some of those tripods have.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Anyone else ever think about using a golf bag to haul long guns to the range?
    I know a couple folks that have used hard sided golf club/bag travel cases to haul guns to the range.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

I was recently shopping for a tennis bag. When I was reading the reviews trying to decide which one to buy, I was surprised at how many mentioned if their rifle would fit. I didn't pay much attention to the details, but I think they were mostly discussing ARs. Might be another option.

Site Supporter
    I bought a bright red hockey gear bag a while back, works great for ARs plus accessories. Unfortunately, draws a lot of unwanted attention as GA is not a big hockey state

User Tag List