Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol version of 327 Federal next step?

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Possible 28rd 140mm mags for games and cool guys...
    USPSA, IPSC, and maybe 3-Gun specify minimum caliber .355, so no good there.
    Last edited by Bucky; 09-01-2019 at 05:56 AM.

If someone made a rimless +p .32acp and loaded it into a G42x I buy three of them.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

32 NAA conversion barrel?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    120gr at 1000fps in a Sig 365/Shield size pistol with 13-14rd magazines. Standard duty G17 size pistol with slimmer, flush 21-22rd mags and very, very minimal recoil. Increased service life of parts and frame of course.

Possible 28rd 140mm mags for games and cool guys...

Same size difference between a 32 cal 120gr bullet and a 9mm 147gr as the 9mm 147gr has to 40 180gr - performance in tests likely similar enough.

Does it seem like a logical progression following the mass movement to 9mm or is 9mm the floor size wise?

I'd bite on the tiny ccw and game gun aspect.
    What you describe would basically be a .32 cal version of .357 SIG with all the drawbacks of .357 sig. juice is not really worth the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    If someone made a rimless +p .32acp and loaded it into a G42x I buy three of them.
    I think the niche for a .32acp/.380 replacement is bigger than the market for a semiauto version of the .327 Federal. As pointed out by others, there have been many unsuccessful attempts at the latter. Most of them have been aimed at the military market in Europe, however, so maybe all is not lost. But I think the 9mm para has that niche on lockdown.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    ^^ This.

Something like what you’re describing is one of my first projects (along with waving a substantial amount of cash in S&W’s face to do a run of 432PDs to go with them) when I hit that powerball money . . . or get someone with Warren Buffet money to back my crazy firearms skunkworks facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by drjaydvm View Post
    32 NAA conversion barrel?
    I’ve got a couple .380 pistols I’m going to reverse engineer barrels for .32 NAA just to mess around with it and see what I can see (so to speak).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List