Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Robar Closing???

I have been told a couple of times that Jabuie is basically the company that handles DLC coating for a number of custom gunsmiths - http://www.jabuie.com/ionbond.html

There are nickel/Teflon finishes other than NP3; this 1911, done by Jojo’s Gunworks, is coated with a finish called Slick Shot. While it is a little more gray and NP3 is a little more silver, I’ve had guns done in both and they are similar in durability and lubricity.

www.jojosgunworks.com

Name:  28B7DD28-DF4D-4D81-9B87-4CB33F6B5B41.jpg
Views: 1733
Size:  99.7 KB

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/08/3...ally-business/
    Today is the last day that we will be in business. When we put that notification up on the website, we had high hopes of someone either purchasing or investing in the company, but it fell through.

-Tyler
    well this sucks

Student
    I wonder how much We Plead the 2nd over in Tempe was in competition with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    There are nickel/Teflon finishes other than NP3; this 1911, done by Jojo’s Gunworks, is coated with a finish called Slick Shot. While it is a little more gray and NP3 is a little more silver, I’ve had guns done in both and they are similar in durability and lubricity. www.jojosgunworks.com

I think this is the company that they use. There are lots of coatings that they have which could be interesting.

http://nutmegchrome.com/page/slik-sh...plated-coating

Slik Shot®, a high-end finish offered exclusively by Nutmeg Chrome, wears better and lasts longer than standard Nickel Teflon® coatings.

Nutmeg's Slik Shot® process is an electroless-plated coating of a nickel phosphorus alloy with Teflon® particles evenly dispersed throughout the coating, offering optimum performance. With Teflon® particles included as an integral part of the plating deposit, corrosion resistance and wearability are greatly enhanced.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

This REALLY sucks!!!! Robar is/was local to me and I enjoyed being able to drop stuff off without having to ship. Was planning on doing more business with them in the near future.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Surprised and saddened to hear this.

Site Supporter
    Robar has coated three of my guns with NP3. This is terrible news.

Saw this on the Beretta Forums.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Even though Robars NP3 is a competitor too our CPII Nickel Boron Nitride plating I hate to see any company in the firearms industry close

User Tag List