Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Detonics STX - striker fired polymer 1911

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Why don't they just build a true 1911 and pin the grip safety and take the thumb safety off? Then you could really have the same trigger as a 1911, with no safety. That seems to be what everybody wants anyway.

Makes me sad :-(
    Then people would complain it had a hammer.

It's almost like what people want is a Glock with a better trigger. They made that gun and called it the Heckler and Koch VP9.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Then people would complain it had a hammer.

It's almost like what people want is a Glock with a better trigger. They made that gun and called it the Heckler and Koch VP9.
    I would rather rather have the trigger dingus than the grip safety. The trigger dingus is more positive to engage/disengage.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Instead of a single mag design for all pistols, a 2 way approach seems to be more sensible.

Glock pattern when possible, would be hard to fit in a metal frame, but easily doable in polymer guns, obviously glock does it, and the various aftermarket frames have been able to show that the glock mag doesn't mean you have to have glock like ergos

Beretta pattern for guns that can't quite fit the larger glock mags. I want to say the beretta mags are based on BHP mags? In any case it seems like most metal double stack mags are based on this pattern

These two patterns are probably the best representatives both price, options, and quality wise. I think its fair to say that the options for aftermarket glock and beretta mags are better (and more numerous) than the aftermarket options for HK, S&W, etc.

Its also much easier for primarily polymer companies like magpul or ETS to make glock mags that are at least somewhat functional.

And as far as quality of hk vs glock mags? I imagine the amount of glock mags that are out there dwarfs the amount of HK mags, so I wouldn't be so quick to judge based on a few reports

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    This is a function of Glock - especially then Gen 3 - having profoundly mediocre ergonomics. There are children's toy guns and power drills with more refined grips.

This is not, however, a function of the Glock magazine.

Lone Wolfs Timberwolf 2.0 magazine has really comfortable, slim ergonomics. I took this picture at SHOT a few years ago. I was amazed at how different these felt in the hand, they were reminiscent of a CZ75 but smaller in the grip:
    LW has the large frame 2.0 out. A guy on my shit has a G20 with it, and it does significantly reduce the grip circumference. The 9/.40 2.0 frame is still vaporware, though.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    LW has the large frame 2.0 out. A guy on my shit has a G20 with it...
    You must be real close.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You must be real close.
    Ha!! SHIFT

That's what I get for posting in a hurry with only a couple of sips of coffee in me.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List