Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the gun that gives you the "warm-and-fuzzies"?

What's the gun that gives you the "warm-and-fuzzies"?

Definition:

Noun: A thing or situation designed to provoke or evoke such an emotional response. Sometimes hyphenated.

Adjective: Particularly sentimental, reassuring, and comforting, as of an emotional response. Sometimes hyphenated.

___

Definitionally it can apply to inanimate objects, since it is your emotional response.

What's the gun that when you pick it up - it gives you the warm-and-fuzzies.

For me - The first handgun I ever bought a Ruger P95DC - I still have it. It was carried many hours, many times, for many years as my only gun. I can pick it up and shoot a ragged hole with it at 15 yards. In 20,000 rounds it's had one malfunction...resolved by changing the recoil springs (after 12,500 rounds I guess that's okay).

Doesn't have to be a handgun, could be a black powder piece, a hunting rifle, your grandpa's old shotgun, even your pellet gun from when you were 7. What's one that gives you a warm-and-fuzzy feeling?

Currently, my Colt 9mm WC LW Commander.
    I'm still rather awed that I own one.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

My Springfield loaded.

Spent a year shooting revolvers but am back to carrying my loaded. Just something about a basic 1911. It's really the gun I feel I could confidentiality take on any threats.
    Name:  KIMG1050.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  78.4 KB

My fast coin brig tac.

It recently came back from Allegheny arms where josh did a flush cut reverse crown barrel, single side decocker, square notch black rear sight, Fiber front and full frame dehorn with magwell cut and fresh anodizing. The DA is 7.1lbs with a 13lb spring and the new Langdon trigger bar pulling a Wilson deluxe hammer

Name:  BC05F1AA-003A-4936-A5E3-ADF292A7180A.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  F181C75A-7816-4718-A56B-B5F3BC749D83.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  46.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Kinda depends. I have a guns that I really like holding, looking at, taking pictures of, hunting with, or shooting. Then I have a couple that, when I’m carrying, I just know they’re going to work, no matter what, or that if I can see it, I’ll hit it. Or I can run it in the dark, because it’s so familiar. Confidence is one kind of warm and fuzzy.

Kind of a list. G26.3, though, for a centerfire pistol. It works. Always. Ithaca 37S for a shotgun. Really like that gun. It’s beautiful. Lightweight KISS AR for a carbine. Savage 11 .243 for a hunting rifle. Can’t miss.

Really like my 92a1, though. Looks good, feels good, shoots good, Army memories, but with all the stuff on it I wished my M9 had.

M18 S&W revolver is probably the last gun I’ll own when I’m a crippled up old man. Easy to shoot, accurate, .22 wont cut me up, but it looks like a .357.
    Last edited by Duelist; 08-29-2019 at 11:43 PM.

9mm Browning Hi-Power.

Talk about a slim, trim piece of serious resolution to violent interpersonal confrontations.

Mine have always been reliable, easy to carry, and with soul...

For me, it is the Ruger Standard RST-6. It is the model of pistol my father used to teach me the basics of shooting during the summer I was aged six. I also really enjoy .22 LR, and the combination of history and fun makes the Standard an important pistol to me.

I have over a dozen S&W Gen3 TDA (DA/SA) pistols in 9mm and .40 S&W, but it is a rare DAO .40 caliber model 4054 that gives me the "warm-and-fuzzies". It is a safe queen and only gets out to the range once a year, but it is a joy to shoot and a reminder of what it lead me to discover about myself and my CCW preferences.

The S&W 4054 was the first of many double action only metal Gen3 Smiths. That gun convinced me to buy more DAO models in 9mm and .40 S&W and to carry the DAO semi-autos as my primary CCW.

Site Supporter
    Colt Series 80 Government Model. The basic blued 45. I own guns that are nicer and easier to shoot, but that one always feels right.

USP/c LEM has that "Goldilocks" quality, everything is just right.
    Last edited by fatdog; 08-30-2019 at 09:06 AM.

User Tag List