Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help pick first Single Action Wheelie

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    How do you think I got into this situation?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Help pick first Single Action Wheelie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I have a "Bicentennial" convertible Blackhawk. I had it for over 40 year before I cleaned out the factory grease and shot it. I can see the utility of it, but somewhere, Elmer Keith is crying.
    Elmer did plenty on his own to screw up Ruger SAs with that hideous dragoon grip frame on the SBH.

I believe he played a part in the death of the Flattop as well.

IMO, the transfer bar is only slightly less detestable than the S&W hole.
    Last edited by jtcarm; 08-31-2019 at 11:04 AM.

I dont mind the Super Blackhawk grip frame other than the square back trigger guard. I have a grip frame im messing with, I removed the square back and used a tracing of Cassul grip frame and duplicated it with the Ruger, which basically amounted to removing some of the flair at the lower back part.

FWIW, the Bisley type grips seem really popular. Ive had 4 or 5 or so of them and really tried to like them, but just dont, at all. If I came into another one Id trade the gun or the grip frame and get a regular size one. More likely id avoid trading into one again and not have to mess with it. The Super grip frame is better to me, even with the square back guard, but Im not a huge fan of them either.

Grips and grip frames are a personal thing, dont assume that since lots of people like them you will or can also.
    Last edited by Malamute; 08-31-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Site Supporter
    I greatly prefer the new flat top blackhawks to the regular blackhawks. They just feel better to me

User Tag List