Thread: RFI - Going to Prague in December

Site Supporter

RFI - Going to Prague in December

My wife and I are going to Prague for the Christmas markets. We are also going to Dresden for a day. Any suggestions? Looking for Czech gun shops, beer halls and restaurants and other things not to be missed. Museums or military history sites worth seeing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My wife and I are going to Prague for the Christmas markets. We are also going to Dresden for a day. Any suggestions? Looking for Czech gun shops, beer halls and restaurants and other things not to be missed. Museums or military history sites worth seeing.
    Hope to see a trip report - this ought to be great!

I had all sorts of suggestions. And then I read that your wife will accompany you.....

I can offer nothing from the Czech rep that will stabilize your marriage

Do *not* drink the hot wine from the street vendors. Buddy of mine had a really bad experience with that.

Prague is such a cool city. I visited a military museum that was right in the city. I'll see if I can find the name. I seem to recall a T34 tank sitting right in front of it.

Edit: This is it!

https://www.prague-guide.co.uk/milit...eum-in-prague/
    Last edited by 43Under; 08-29-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Site Supporter
    I know what you are saying about trip to Prague without the wife. I imagine prague is even better than Sofia Bulgaria and the trip was memorable to say the least (buy me champagne? Sure honey) . This trip will be Christmas markets, Mulled wine, dark beer and pork in all its tasty variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I know what you are saying about trip to Prague without the wife.......tasty variety.
    I could live that portion of my life again forever...

Site Supporter
    It seems like @Jody has been to the Prague Christmas markets. My wife says that I sometimes remember extra things, but Jody and Prague doesn't seem like something my mind would spontaneously fabricate, especially since I've never met Jody or been to Prague.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Went to Prague, Vienna and Budapest several years ago with my son. Great trip! The advice we had from several long-time Eastern European travelers was "Watch out for pickpockets." We never had a problem but carried everything in button-up pockets. Keep a close eye on your stuff.

-------------------------------------------
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I haven't been there in 20 years but we hit the usual suspects and they were are all cool:

St. Vitus Cathedral
    Charles Bridge
    Old Town Square

Bonus points if you can identify filming locations for the first Mission Impossible movie (especially the Akvarium restaurant )

User Tag List