Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Ultralight 2.5-10x32 Scope from SWFA

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I'm 100% with you here. Mil Quad or Mil Dot would win me over and I'd by 2-3 immediately.

I still love my NXS 2.5-10 and wish for a cheaper version to put on .22s and light duty rifles.
    Chris Farris at SWFA just confirmed that they will be producing a Mil-Quad version of this scope, coming "soon", on SWFA's Optics Talk forum.

Also, it appears as though the turrets on these scopes have been tracking exceptionally well. Pretty cool from this form factor!
    Last edited by frozentundra; 10-16-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    You're a little behind the times. The cool kids are using lightweight bolt guns and driving 4th gens.

I can't actually justify anything except a g19 and 12 guage pump (and a 6720 if I've got my tinfoil hat on). I've tried and failed for years. Nowadays, I simply accept that I wants what I wants. I have not the talent for reasonability.

I'm just trying to let others who share my strange preferences know that somebody has innovated past Leupold in this vanishing market segment. If they actually come out with a mil reticle I'll sprain fingers ordering. I like the form factor that much.
    Dang, I thought the cool kids drove Old School Land Cruisers and opted for "Practical Rifles", aka quasi-scout type, all around rifles, and skipped the ultra light rifles.

BTW count me down for a new MIL-QUAD 2-5-10 ultralight. That is perfect for a hunting rifle.

Site Supporter
    When we’re talking light recoil and eye relief issues, I’m wondering if the .270 Featherweight I’m trying to pick a scope for will be a candidate for this scope, since it weighs about what I’m hoping to find to put on it, has a reasonable reticle and turrets, but I don’t need to smack myself in the eyebrow b/c I put a 5.56/.22 rimfire scope with not enough eye relief on a big game rifle.

I'm looking at this for my M&P 15/22 as a trainer for my NXS topped AR.

I may also put it on a CZ 452 for long range rimfire practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    When we’re talking light recoil and eye relief issues, I’m wondering if the .270 Featherweight I’m trying to pick a scope for will be a candidate for this scope, since it weighs about what I’m hoping to find to put on it, has a reasonable reticle and turrets, but I don’t need to smack myself in the eyebrow b/c I put a 5.56/.22 rimfire scope with not enough eye relief on a big game rifle.
    I wouldn't go this route, but I'm pretty recoil sensitive, not a big guy, and I don't care to 'form up' my technique in a way that attempts to truly arrest heavy recoil. It wouldn't be an issue on 2.5x, but I'd not be comfortable on 10x.

I'm guessing this threshold is going to be a very individual proposition. I think Ilya Koshkin was using one on a custom Mosin without trouble, but don't quote me on that.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Chris Farris at SWFA just confirmed that they will be producing a Mil-Quad version of this scope, coming "soon", on SWFA's Optics Talk forum.

Also, it appears as though the turrets on these scopes have been tracking exceptionally well. Pretty cool from this form factor!
    Any updates from SWFA? I just looked at their site and saw only the BDC, plex, and rimfire versions. Still just SOONTM? (They need to pay Tau Dev royalties for that marketing plan.)

Thinking this would be perfect for my slow-twist .223 Contender project.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Any updates from SWFA? I just looked at their site and saw only the BDC, plex, and rimfire versions. Still just SOONTM? (They need to pay Tau Dev royalties for that marketing plan.)

Thinking this would be perfect for my slow-twist .223 Contender project.
    I've not been keeping up. It was talked about here just before covid was getting ready to pop. http://www.opticstalk.com/new-swfa-s...830_page4.html

Another place to keep an eye out for info would be Illya Koshkin's (The Dark Lord of Optics) website/blog called Optics Thoughts. However, I think he may be doing more on facebook and youtube than his website lately. Review of the BDC version here.
    https://opticsthoughts.com/?p=2317

Hit Illya up with a message on social media/forum/website if you want to try to get the inside scoop. He is tight with the SWFA people. Plus he is just a really cool guy.
    https://www.facebook.com/DarkLordOfOptics
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8L...nq469aWVQVhM2w

User Tag List