Thread: Push button sniper rifle...

Push button sniper rifle...

http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/gadg...oter-1B7916613

Looks like the system from "I, Sniper." Slick. I don't think it'll work too good on non static targets but still cool.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

I'm not tracking (pun fully intended) on how it dopes the wind too...Cool technology though.

While it is a great idea, I don't see it working well in the real world.

Smart imaging systems rely on contrast, the difference in color between pixels. The target in the example was perfect for the application, black dot on a white background. In a situation where you have the natural camoflage of an animal, or the created cover over an enemy target, the software is going to have to be extremely well written and quickly executed to be have the speed to compensate.

Maybe they have this addressed but I did not see being put to use in the video.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    I'm not tracking (pun fully intended) on how it dopes the wind too...Cool technology though.
    They may be doping using the lasers. I am not sure how the technology works but it has been done.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    I had the opportunity to ring steel with one of these. It adjusts for everything except wind. You still have to make the wind call. It worked really well, I didn't see anyone miss with it all day. The only problem I had was the field of view was tiny and made finding targets VERY difficult even at 700 yards. All in all, my gf shot steel at 760 yards first shot with no experience using this system so it has some application. I think they were mostly marketing this towards long range hunters. I would prefer glass

User Tag List