Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Squatober

I need to check out the IG page but I’m probably in, at least for whatever goes on here. I’ve been terrible about working out since I destroyed my knee almost two years ago and something like this would be helpful. A solid working weight for me right now is 135. I’m 6’ and a little over 200 pounds, and I used to be in pretty good shape so my ego definitely hurts. If I haven’t been good about warmups, cool downs, and various mobility work for the days leading up to it, it can easily be painful. It sucks, but if there’s even a small amount of accountability here it’s better than what I’ve been doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if anyone is interested, I am currently doing a modified 5x5 stronglifts plan right now. Plan on doing it up until the week before squatober and backing off that week prior and doing a rower week to ease into october.

Here's another squat vid of Richard and Winston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4by2XFzK3I

I remember when Greg was younger. I watched him put up 600 at the Ohio State Powerlifting Championship.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdS7FCye9U
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

The Ant is an all around legit lifter. He’s put up some 11x body weight totals and IMO is one of the top ten all time greatest power lifters.

I’ll give squatober a try.

I squat high bar, low bar makes my elbows hurt. I squat barefoot or in Nike Romsleos IIs.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I'm in.

I'm busted right now, with shit hip mobility, and carrying too many extra pounds from whatever this fucking GI issue I have is. But I'm in.

First, I gotta get mobility back. So, I'll focus on bodyweight squats. I went ahead and ordered a 25 pound kettlebell (I have a 10 and 15 pounders here) and a 10-pound 36" mace to add to just good old fashioned bodyweight squats, rows, and swings. This month I'll start on getting my mobility and basic form right.

My goal will be 3x6 squatting half my body weight to keep it attainable by Halloween.

I needed the push to get started. Right now @Hizzie is not only beating me in weights, but revolver shooting. I have to start closing the gap somehow.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-28-2019 at 08:53 PM.

I'm stoked for the amount of people responding. I plan on posting video and sharing my experience with it.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Squatober is programmed by the noted Strength Coach Aaron Ausmus.
    Where exactly is the program? I did not see it at the IG link.

Also: Every month is squat month.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm in.

I'm busted right now, with shit hip mobility, and carrying too many extra pounds from whatever this fucking GI issue I have is. But I'm in.

First, I gotta get mobility back. So, I'll focus on bodyweight squats. I went ahead and ordered a 25 pound kettlebell (I have a 10 and 15 pounders here) and a 10-pound 36" mace to add to just good old fashioned bodyweight squats, rows, and swings. This month I'll start on getting my mobility and basic form right.

My goal will be 3x6 squatting half my body weight to keep it attainable by Halloween.

I needed the push to get started. Right now @Hizzie is not only beating me in weights, but revolver shooting. I have to start closing the gap somehow.
    Squatting regularly is brilliant for mobility. After years of biking, it took 100+ lbs on my back simply to get my body into a full depth squat. After years of squats, I can now get down all the way with body weight only. Just go super light to start. Nothing wrong with greasing the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Where exactly is the program? I did not see it at the IG link.

Also: Every month is squat month.
    Squatober 2019 isn’t here yet. The IG page is where it’ll be posted. Last years program is up on the IG page. Just look back a bit.

You probably aren’t squatting 6 days a week currently. Squatober is not a normal month.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List