Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Squatober

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Cool idea. Gonna just be business as usual for me, since I’m regularly hauling my old carcass in for the same program that @SouthNarc posted several years back in the lifting thread, only taking time off to get surgery in December:

"Man honestly it's pretty simple. I squat on Monday, bench on Wednesday, and Deadlift on Friday ideally. I did nothing but those three lifts for the first year. Volume is basically a four week program with 6x10, 4x8, 3x6, 3x3 and repeat the next month..."
    -CD

I’m happy to say that I hit a couple of summer goals (bench, squat). Dead is way behind, because, surgery, but I’m going into the academic year with no injuries and a free gym membership with Mrs Sidheshooter, so things will probably pan out OK for my strength plan by the end of next summer.

I’ve added lat pull/pull ups and a bunch of cardio to the above CD plan. I’m in the second best shape of my life at this point (having flex time to exercise 6xweek in the summer helps).

This morning was 6x10 bench day, incidentally. What a grind. 6x10 week is the worst week in the month, IMHO, and bench is easier than dead or squat.

I have been doing his program, and it truly does work.

However I am not sure if 6 x 10 week or 4 x 8 is worse. Yea 6 x 10 is more, but the weights are heavier on 4 x 8 and it is unpleasant to me. Especially squats.

While squats are the easiest exercise to set up for, they are my least favorite to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What is it about low you like?

I’ve always done high, so low feels really off to me. In order to do them, I think I would need to start light and work my way up.
    I usually lift in zero drop type shoes. Low bar works out better. If I’m wearing OLY shoes then high bar is more natural.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I have been doing his program, and it truly does work.

However I am not sure if 6 x 10 week or 4 x 8 is worse. Yea 6 x 10 is more, but the weights are heavier on 4 x 8 and it is unpleasant to me. Especially squats.

While squats are the easiest exercise to set up for, they are my least favorite to do.
    Interesting. I find 6x10 to be the hardest, followed by 3x3, then 4x8. 3x6 week is always like a vacation for me, whatever the lift.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Cool idea. Gonna just be business as usual for me, since I’m regularly hauling my old carcass in for the same program that @SouthNarc posted several years back in the lifting thread, only taking time off to get surgery in December:

"Man honestly it's pretty simple. I squat on Monday, bench on Wednesday, and Deadlift on Friday ideally. I did nothing but those three lifts for the first year. Volume is basically a four week program with 6x10, 4x8, 3x6, 3x3 and repeat the next month..."
    -CD

I’m happy to say that I hit a couple of summer goals (bench, squat). Dead is way behind, because, surgery, but I’m going into the academic year with no injuries and a free gym membership with Mrs Sidheshooter, so things will probably pan out OK for my strength plan by the end of next summer.

I’ve added lat pull/pull ups and a bunch of cardio to the above CD plan. I’m in the second best shape of my life at this point (having flex time to exercise 6xweek in the summer helps).

This morning was 6x10 bench day, incidentally. What a grind. 6x10 week is the worst week in the month, IMHO, and bench is easier than dead or squat.
    Squatober is programmed by the noted Strength Coach Aaron Ausmus.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I usually lift in zero drop type shoes. Low bar works out better. If I’m wearing OLY shoes then high bar is more natural.

Any shoe recommendations?

I can be a tool when it comes to shoes, because I lift in whatever. Boots, duty boots, tennis shoes, etc. I cannot stand having a shoe that doesn't feel like a shoe, and even inside my house I wear shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Squatober is programmed by the noted Strength Coach Aaron Ausmus.
    If I can keep up the momentum, I might switch up next year and partake. I’m waaaaay behind dudes like you; I’m just developing a frame, so I am more resistant to combat sport injuries, at this point.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If I can keep up the momentum, I might switch up next year and partake. I’m waaaaay behind dudes like you; I’m just developing a frame, so I am more resistant to combat sport injuries, at this point.
    Bro, you are your only competition. I have rebuild from absolute zero more than once. All of the Squatober stuff is percentage based. You work from where you are at to be better tomorrow. I have a prior hip surgery. I did last year without injury or even bursitis creeping up.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Any shoe recommendations?

I can be a tool when it comes to shoes, because I lift in whatever. Boots, duty boots, tennis shoes, etc. I cannot stand having a shoe that doesn't feel like a shoe, and even inside my house I wear shoes.
    Do-Win for OLY shoes work. Reebok, Nike and Adidas make OLY shoes too.

I roll Reebok Lite TR’s almost exclusively. Hey are the improved chuck taylor that Mark Bell has a hand in designing.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I work out in my garage and prefer no shoes or socks. If restricted to a gym, high top converse are cheap and work well.

Here's my coach doing a 500 lb. squat at a body weight of 129 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsPCfSX0Q0

User Tag List