Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Squatober

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Is there a specific program/agenda?
    Yes. It will be posted on IG via Sorinex Squatober and Aaron Ausmus (he writes the program). It’ll start October 1st. Last years program is up on the IG page. Look at what you’d be getting into. It is demanding but totally doable. You’ll focus on squats of some type 6 days a week. My bench and deadlift also both improved.

https://instagram.com/sorinex_squato...d=xg6yfkpykdvo
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

*RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Ok I am doing some preparatory bombardment for you guys. 6 weeks of 20 reps squats, try #2.

Since I am starting off a little late in the week I did two days in one today.

Day 1 (today)- 185 x 20 rest 5 minutes 195 x 20-ass to grass.

Doing 3 x 5 progressive overload on bench, op and dead lift. Really to just maintain.

185 is a weight I can easily do, but almost anything x 20 is less than fun.

Site Supporter
    No idea who this guy is, but the follow is a little squat inspiration.

*RS Regulate Affiliate*

Squatober Schedule

Looks like only 5 days a week this year.

http://instagram.com/p/B225t_cHmq4/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

How is everyone feeling with just a few days to go?
    I’m in a “starting from zero” phase after a 2 year layoff due to various issues. I always sucked at squatting and was only ever slightly above average strength anyway, so I decided to do something about it and participate. After reading up and doing some self assessment I decided to try high bar with oly shoes, and it’s made all the difference. Before, I tried to stick with low bar because Rippetoe I guess. But a shoulder issue and poor ankle mobility means high bar and raised heels makes way more sense for me. For the first time my squats feel good, I’m able to hit a good depth, and haven’t hurt or strained anything. Still a lot of work to do on form but I’ve got a decent handle on the basics I think.

So even though I’m doing jack shit for weight (155 at a bw around 200) and I could legitimately only do about 1 half decent rep to start, I was able to do 8 solid reps on the last AMRAP with no problems. Looking forward to the PR day, and I expect my bench and deadlift will improve quite a bit.

Thanks to the OP and everyone else for the inspiration. It’s been way more fun than I expected, I find myself checking the clock every day to see if the next workout has been posted

I had to break my word to participate due to extensive work travel (2/3 of the month)

Being limited to Push ups, sprints and Burpees wasn’t ideal but turned out okay.

Maybe I can give “Dead-cember” a solid go.

Name:  8B663AE4-293D-45E4-8555-6D948BCF46E3.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  44.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I went into the gym and did poorly squats this week.

Barley got 295 x 6.

Then had to reduce my depth for 300 x 6 and 305 x 6.

Felt like I should have done better on those.

User Tag List