Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Squatober

Site Supporter
    I work legs twice weekly and squat at least once. I train by myself and my gym is not the dump the bar kind, so I typically go for volume over 1 rep max. My workouts are 5x12. Tonight was 235. Im already feeling it.

Got my working max on squat and bench today. Been working KB the past several weeks so I feel it’s an any day max since I haven’t touched a barbell in almost a month.

Hoping to get the full month in but worried about making Tuesday through Thursday work. May have to break it up on the weekend some.

Anybody get Day 1 completed today?

My hamstrings cramped hard during my warmup and I decided skipping was the best plan. Evidently working up to a “max” single and then doing increasing rep drop sets back to 135 is not conducive to working out again a couple days later when it’s been weeks since you’ve squatted...

Am I doing this all alone?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I have been doing a version of Squatober, but not trying to increase a one-rep-max. I also had dental procedures done Monday this week, so I haven’t lifted a thing since my early morning workout before the dentist tore me up. I’ll probably get back to it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I'm prone to do this. Comms suck. What's the program?

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    I'm prone to do this. Comms suck. What's the program?
    It's posted to both the sorinex_squatober and penandpaperstrengthapp instagram feeds. Here's PPSA: https://www.instagram.com/penandpaperstrengthapp/

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    It's posted to both the sorinex_squatober and penandpaperstrengthapp instagram feeds. Here's PPSA: https://www.instagram.com/penandpaperstrengthapp/
    Thanks, WA. And for those of us not addicted to the 'gram?
    And, that's another example of why no one should be dependent on the 'gram.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Thanks, WA. And for those of us not addicted to the 'gram?
    And, that's another example of why no one should be dependent on the 'gram.
    Wish I could be of more help - it's the ONLY reason I have an IG account, and this is the only thing I use it for. If it's posted anywhere else or reposted somewhere, I'm unaware of it (and I'd be highly interested in ditching IG).

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Wish I could be of more help - it's the ONLY reason I have an IG account, and this is the only thing I use it for. If it's posted anywhere else or reposted somewhere, I'm unaware of it (and I'd be highly interested in ditching IG).
    All good! Not your problem. Thanks, amigo!!

User Tag List