Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Squatober

Squatober

Sorinex (page on Instagram) puts an annual squatober. Our own @Hizzie has done it before. This will be my first year and I’m pretty stoked. Hoping to recruit a few others into it and recording our experiences in this thread.

Link to the official page: https://instagram.com/sorinex_squato...d=wbre7jvih9vj

Last years Squatober and Deadcember are both posted on the page so you can see what you’d be getting yourself into. It’s challenging but fun. I went from inconsistent workouts and a 315 squat to loving the gym again and a 405 squat in just one month.

Here was my PR Party:
    http://instagram.com/p/BpjovYYnT3x/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Im in

I honestly thought from the thread title that this was going to be an "Occupy" type movement where slacktivists were encouraged to squat on private property for the month because, "You can't own property, man."

ETA: Is there a broad Squatober goal? Like reach a weight, rep max, or is it just communal get your squat on?
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-28-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Site Supporter
    Decent week for me.

New PRs.

Dead lift -385

squat -345

I’m going to have to seriously consider this. In fact I’m still at the squat rack. After hitting 345 I dropped to 225 and did 10. Now doing two sets of 135 x 20 to finish off .

Squatting sucks but it’s a great workout .

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I honestly thought from the thread title that this was going to be an "Occupy" type movement where slacktivists were encouraged to squat on private property for the month because, "You can't own property, man."

ETA: Is there a broad Squatober goal? Like reach a weight, rep max, or is it just communal get your squat on?
    The goal is a new PR at the end of the month.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Do you guys prefer low bar or high bar squats?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you guys prefer low bar or high bar squats?
    I prefer low. Truthfully it wasn’t until squatober I really focused on regular barbell back squats. I had been spending all my time with front squats or the Elite FTS SSB.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I prefer low. Truthfully it wasn’t until squatober I really focused on regular barbell back squats. I had been spending all my time with front squats or the Elite FTS SSB.
    What is it about low you like?

I’ve always done high, so low feels really off to me. In order to do them, I think I would need to start light and work my way up.

Cool idea. Gonna just be business as usual for me, since I’m regularly hauling my old carcass in for the same program that @SouthNarc posted several years back in the lifting thread, only taking time off to get surgery in December:

"Man honestly it's pretty simple. I squat on Monday, bench on Wednesday, and Deadlift on Friday ideally. I did nothing but those three lifts for the first year. Volume is basically a four week program with 6x10, 4x8, 3x6, 3x3 and repeat the next month..."
    -CD

I’m happy to say that I hit a couple of summer goals (bench, squat). Dead is way behind, because, surgery, but I’m going into the academic year with no injuries and a free gym membership with Mrs Sidheshooter, so things will probably pan out OK for my strength plan by the end of next summer.

I’ve added lat pull/pull ups and a bunch of cardio to the above CD plan. I’m in the second best shape of my life at this point (having flex time to exercise 6xweek in the summer helps).

This morning was 6x10 bench day, incidentally. What a grind. 6x10 week is the worst week in the month, IMHO, and bench is easier than dead or squat.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List