Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another mass arson attack (Mexico)

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Personally I think it's unfortunate that instead of having a discussion about this event we're now having a discussion about the discussion.

Targeted arson killings are exactly the next level of antisocial mass violence I expect to see and I have been dreading the move from guns to incendiaries for years.
    As we've all heard, and some of us probably forget from time to time, Columbine was a failed bombing before it was a shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Personally I think it's unfortunate that instead of having a discussion about this event we're now having a discussion about the discussion.

Targeted arson killings are exactly the next level of antisocial mass violence I expect to see and I have been dreading the move from guns to incendiaries for years.
    I hit the like button, but that's because there's no " nod and shudder at the thought" button.

There is an annual gathering less than two miles from my house that will host over a million people over the course of this week. I hope that nothing of the kind is afoot here, and that those in charge of preventing such things are bringing their best game.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 08-28-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Well, there IS plenty of retardant for the flames...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the spirit!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’m telling you guys - PFestivus in the open desert with sim guns would help get the frustration out!

As for the original topic, it takes a truly twisted sumbitch to light other people on fire.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 08-28-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Well, there IS plenty of retardant for the flames...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just don’t let your flamethrower be retarded by running out of napalm.

Look guys - I have to go get a sonogram next week to have my gall bladder and liver checked. But I’m afraid they’ll find out I’m pregnant. If they do, I’ll be sure to let you guys know, so you can write off my bitchiness for an actual reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

As for the original topic, it takes a truly twisted sumbitch to light other people on fire.
    Absolutely this. That said, as a species, we’ve been known to do such, recreationally, for centuries. I’m just glad that the occasion currently draws forth horror, and not spectators—as in days of yore.

#angelsofourbetternature
    #witchcraft
    #publicstakings
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 08-28-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I’m so glad something like this could never happen in the U.S. ....oh, wait, it did ....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

We had a despondent college instructor going through a divorce whip up a nice jar of ricin. He ended up just doing himself, but I always wondered what his full plan was. Not hard to inflict your madness on society with a little creativity.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Yes, I’ve been keeping up on this. Fire, started remotely, may be the next trend.

Site Supporter
    I agree with Rob about the "time to ban x jokes" but for a completely different reason. They simply aren't funny. Maybe they were a few million tellings ago but at this point they are just predictable, tired, and plain old fucking lame.

User Tag List