Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating during limited hours

No creamer in coffee in the mornings. Great.

Next thing you'll say is I should not put in Stevia either.

Should I not?
    Last edited by RJ; 10-05-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Should I not?
    I honestly don't think a tablespoon of half&half in your coffee is a big deal. I don't look anything like Duke, but I have lost over 60lbs since February. I don't eat breakfast and try to only eat between noon and 8pm, so I guess I do some sort of IF. I tried to be disciplined and cut out coffee entirely, but I couldn't do it. I can't drink black coffee anymore (tears up my stomach) so I compromise with the cream. I don't do artificial creamers or sugar substitutes as I'd much rather not add another mystery food to my diet.

Thanks for the feedback. I sort of figured that any "food" intake would reset the fasting adaptations based on some limited research I did regarding long term survivors of ship wrecks, plane crashes, etc. The consensus was that you're better off with no food than with tiny amounts of food daily since the tiny amounts keep your body from going into fasting mode, thus actually reducing your chance of survival. Tough to do a truly scientific study though. I wanted to make sure that the concept translated correctly to non-survival circumstances.
    BTW, it's not a question of discipline. I like coffee with better than coffee without, so why not enjoy it if it has no or minimal impact?

I love breakfast food, but I am hardly ever hungry before 1000. I pretty much survive off the caffeine/nicotine diet thru the morning and most of the day. Most days, I don’t eat anything until ~1900, and then I consume all of my daily food intake at one time. Eating just slows me down, and most days I have to perform at max capacity (mentally and physically). Many days I don’t even have time to defecate, so eating only complicates my work performance.

Thank you, GJM, for screen-shotting the article.

Should I not?
    Is you weight loss progressing?

Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.

OTOH, if your adding 6 oz of creamer to your coffee. . . .
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Is you weight loss progressing?

Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.

OTOH, if your adding 6 oz of creamer to your coffee. . . .
    Quite the opposite. I'll elaborate in the weight loss challenge thread.

Unless you’re trying doing some very strict dieting and regular blood work, and trying to address a specific metabolic condition, worrying about creamer in coffee is dumb. Sneaking in calories is a dangerous game, but if it’s just some creamer, I wouldn’t sweat it.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Should I not?
    The only way to know for sure is to monitor glucose levels before and after. I can’t find it now but I seem to remember reading that bullet proof coffee didn’t cause an insulin response in people. I might have dreamed that though because I’ve no idea where that info is now.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

IF is absolutely an all or nothing deal. Anything you put in your body that effects your insulin breaks your fast. It’s true that some cream isn’t that big of a deal but don’t kid yourself, you’re not fasting anymore and the benefits you get from fasting are significantly reduced if not completely on hold until your next fast. Putting yourself in a brief starvation mode is the whole point so just drink it black and starve a little.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    IF is absolutely an all or nothing deal. Anything you put in your body that effects your insulin breaks your fast. It’s true that some cream isn’t that big of a deal but don’t kid yourself, you’re not fasting anymore and the benefits you get from fasting are significantly reduced if not completely on hold until your next fast. Putting yourself in a brief starvation mode is the whole point so just drink it black and starve a little.
    Alright, black coffee ok, but what about med's? I take an allergy med with a glass of water first thing in the morning. Can any med's trigger the insulin response?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List