Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torn Between Two Options

Single action guy checking in. My favorite handguns by far.

Carry a flat gun, play with a single action.

Always had difficulty shooting plowhandle revolvers in retaining the same grip after recoil. Bought a Bisley 44 Spl 4 5/8s revolver several years ago and I love it. Most fun I ever have had with a single action revolver.

If you go SA don't overlook the Bisley option.

I have a blued 4 5/8" Blackhawk ​in .45. Definitely a fun gun to shoot. I should probably shoot it more.

But my m66 is what a carry everyday and shoot every week.

If you haven't carried a revolver in an HPG rig, you should try it. A 1911 is no problem, but my Single-Seven can get uncomfortable real fast. I wouldn't even think about a Blackhawk in it.

Other than that I have no issues with a .45 Blackhawk, but of the three I'd buy the 3" in a heartbeat.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Wow, you guys aren’t exactly making this easy. Fortunately there happens to be a Blackhawk in .45 Colt that is available to rent at another LGS. I’ll rent that this weekend and have a better idea of what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    From a trade or sell it later perspective, the Single Action ranks last. However, the other choices are variations of the same old theme. Don't overlook that the Ruger will accept a .45 ACP cylinder. Once fired ACP brass is cheap, and the round is a thrifty and easy one to reload. My opinion is that the Ruger is the most versatile, especially for a man who already has self defense weapons. I can direct you to a fine gentleman in North Carolina who can hone(not ream)the chambers to the same diameter and turn it into a tack driver--at most reasonable price. Merely mail the cylinder. I say buy the Ruger single action.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Or quit whining and buy all of them.
    ^^^^^^ So much this.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I would buy the Ruger .45 Colt.
    Have been meandering in that direction for a while now.
    Missed one many years ago, and have been kicking myself for that
    lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If you haven't carried a revolver in an HPG rig, you should try it. A 1911 is no problem, but my Single-Seven can get uncomfortable real fast. I wouldn't even think about a Blackhawk in it.

Other than that I have no issues with a .45 Blackhawk, but of the three I'd buy the 3" in a heartbeat.
    What makes carrying a revolver in a HPG chest bag unpleasant?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    What makes carrying a revolver in a HPG chest bag unpleasant?

The front edge of the cylinder rubbing against my sternum, combined with @JHC's horror stories about his fall while wearing an HPG. There isn't much padding between you and the gun in one of their bags. If I carry it in the bag with the grips up and outside the zipper, not so bad. Totally concealed, not so much.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List