Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    This project has been in the works for a while.
    So this is a collaboration with SA, or is it aftermarket mods done to off-the-shelf guns, (or both)? Meaning, who handles warranty support?

Can the XD-E be readily converted to DAO, as with the PX4?
    Last edited by boing; 08-27-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    The lack of a single stack counterpart to the PX4CC that has the same trigger system and sight options was my major hesitation with respect to moving completely away from glock to the PX4CC.

I currently carry either a 19.4 w/ TCAPs and an SCD or a G43 w/ TCAPs and an SCD.

I prefer the PX4CC to the 19.4, for a variety of reasons, but the above carry combo was just not something that was available in DA/SA.

Looks like this fills that void. It seems you put some thought into this and recognized the same gap that I have encountered above.

That being said, XD.....I assume you have put a number of rounds through one and can attest to its durability? I cant think of anyone on this site that has put a significant number of rounds through one of these. The only threads I can think of involve people putting one magazine through them and putting it in the back of the safe, or winning one in a drawing and forgetting they own it.

The sights. Nice . The TCAPs on my glocks have the horizontal line as well. I find it helps me align the front sight in the notch faster. Are there any plans to offer the PX4 rear with the horizontal line as well so that the sight picture on the PX4CC and the XD are exactly the same?
    While these are both the XD9 rather than the XDe, my wife has at least a few hundred rounds through her gun, and my father in law has at least several hundred through his gun. While this is not much by P-F standards, it is a decent positive indicator from a basic reliability test standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I can't say I've put any more than a handful of rounds through an XD. Nor have I read/heard about anyone who has.

But the XDs (aka, HS-2000s) are military/police pistols in Croatia and other parts of the world. I'm not sure that includes XDSs, Es, Ms, etc... but I think it's safe to say the design draws on a solid pedigree. And what I have heard about XDs is almost never negative.

Still, I'd like to hear more about how the XDE handles, shoots, holds up, etc. The PX4 was kind of an obscure gun to me. But hearing Ernest's thoughts on the design, how it shot, how it held up, etc. got me interested. Don't think I'll ever get rid of my PX4cc..... but..... for me, it doesn't really replace a single stack like a P239.

Hence... this.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 08-27-2019 at 07:23 PM.

I see a lot of XD/XDm at USPSA matches. One of my close friends used to shoot one, and his had serious issues. Of all the major striker fired guns, XDs have been by far the most problematic. I would not choose one for defensive use.

I hope the XDe is a better design, but I would need a lot of convincing.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I am glad to see some info on this gun. When I first heard of it I thought it may be a modern in production 3913. I haven't heard much about it since.

Who makes holsters that fit this? I was looking into the XDe a year or so ago and wasn’t having much luck from makers that I like (JMCK and Keepers for example). I recently got a G48, as in last week recently, but this is certainly intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I see a lot of XD/XDm at USPSA matches. One of my close friends used to shoot one, and his had serious issues. Of all the major striker fired guns, XDs have been by far the most problematic. I would not choose one for defensive use.

I hope the XDe is a better design, but I would need a lot of convincing.
    This is why I called it interesting, and said I'd like to hear more.

I'm not against changing my mind, but the XD series doesn't have a great reputation as a duty gun, carry gun, or competition gun in any circles I'm aware of. Fraught with problems would be a fair assessment of Springfield's poly guns in many groups.

This one does fall into a niche that nothing else seems to fill. It's the only single stack, subcompact, 9mm, DA/SA being produced by a large company (that I'm aware of). Thats likely why LTT has made the choice to create a version for their line up.

I get the move, but I'm both surprised and waiting for more information on reliabilty over time and higher round count.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Hopefully this effort will give the platform the push it needs to really shine--both in terms of improved shootability and just overall awareness (kind of like the PX4).
    This is what it will take. The PX4 was a dog on this forum, in no small part because of ToddG’s experience. It took more than Ernest just “fixing it’s shortcomings” to bring the PX4 out of the dark. He also had to shoot tens of thousands of rounds through his personal guns to get people convinced, including me.

And that was starting with a product from a company with a top-shelf reputation for quality. The XD-E doesn’t carry the same baggage as the XD because it’s a different design, but it’s still a Springfield, and that’s the biggest hurdle for it’s adoption (fairly or not).

I’m not in a position to shoot tens of thousands of rounds through anything, so someone else has to do it for me.

Very nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Who makes holsters that fit this? I was looking into the XDe a year or so ago and wasn’t having much luck from makers that I like (JMCK and Keepers for example). I recently got a G48, as in last week recently, but this is certainly intriguing.

Jared, we are going to be making holsters for these guns for the Langdon Tactical Website and as custom holsters on our site!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List