Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Have you had a chance to test it out yet?

So I hear a lot about the trigger reach on this gun. How does it compare to say a P-07?
    Yes. So far it shoots pretty good for my wife. We are going to put the heavier hammer spring in because with harder primer ammo it is not always getting them to go off. It is about the same regularity and same ammo issues my Wilson Centac had, so it is not a deal breaker, we just need a little heavier spring so it works with everything, not just Federal and PMC type stuff. So far for its intended purpose it is looking like a win. My wife would never give up her LTT PX4CC for anything, but this is so far working as a potential supplement between the PX4CC and her S&W 43C.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    @Dagga Boy - I sent my PX4 D to LTT for a trigger job and asked him to use the 12 lb. hammer spring instead of the 11 lb. he normally uses since the 11 lb. one wasn't reliable with Winchester NATO-spec hardball. I got it back, it's smooth like buttah, runs anything I put in it and I don't notice the slightly heavier pull. Now it really is my 18-shot K frame.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Dagga Boy - I sent my PX4 D to LTT for a trigger job and asked him to use the 12 lb. hammer spring instead of the 11 lb. he normally uses since the 11 lb. one wasn't reliable with Winchester NATO-spec hardball. I got it back, it's smooth like buttah, runs anything I put in it and I don't notice the slightly heavier pull. Now it really is my 18-shot K frame.
    I have had zero issues with the 11’s in my PX4’s or Ernest’s light springs in my 92’s. I did with my Centac and the XD-E is sort of on the edge right now. Ernest is doing the other spring (12.7 IIRc) and that should be the fix. Everything else with the gun has been positive.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    I came across a used LNIB one locally, for a good price it came with 6 mags so seemed like a pretty good deal.
    I put 48 rounds though it today. The DA pull is pretty smooth, I'll probably order the TJIB kit in the next few days.

This was at 16 yards, not great but okay for my first time out with it.

Name:  MVIMG_20191007_121816.jpg
Views: 1276
Size:  25.3 KB

I took some pictures comparing it to my Glock 48.
    I can post them here if anyone is interested.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I came across a used LNIB one locally, for a good price it came with 6 mags so seemed like a pretty good deal.
    I put 48 rounds though it today. The DA pull is pretty smooth, I'll probably order the TJIB kit in the next few days.

This was at 16 yards, not great but okay for my first time out with it.

Name:  MVIMG_20191007_121816.jpg
Views: 1276
Size:  25.3 KB

I took some pictures comparing it to my Glock 48.
    I can post them here if anyone is interested.

Please do!

Site Supporter
    Please pardon the shop mess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would love an XD-E type gun to replace my Smith & Wesson Shield, but...

I love my Shield, but the only reason why I bought it was that I couldn't find a single stack hammer-fired gun to complement my PX4 Storm Compact and SIG P229 Enhanced Elite. Yet, I can't see myself pulling the trigger unless Springfield can make some much-needed changes to the pistol.

First, both the XD-E and the Hellcat are 1" thick. An XD-E 2.0 needs to at the very LEAST match the latter's 11+1 magazine, and considering this pistol is 5" in height, it should be even greater. Right? A pistol this high with the capacity it has just isn't competitive in my opinion. This alone forced my hand to stay with a Shield because at least it's almost a half inch shorter with a flush magazine.

Second, SA needs to get a Shield M2.0-like grip texture in lieu of that silly "Grip-Zone".

Third, SA needs to come out with a version lacking a manual safety. Cocked & locked is nice for 1911 guys, but most DA/SA gun guys these days prefer forgoing the manual safety.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of tritium sights with no tritium in the rear. What is the point of that? I dry practice clearing my house at all times of the day and night, and I can tell you there are circumstances in which I could identify a threat without being able to align my sights as quickly as I could if there was a single tritium dot in the rear (e.g. i-Dot). I liked blacked out rears, but as long as the tritium doesn't have an outlined, it is still blacked out. They should always be serrated as well in my opinion. I had the CAP sights on a Glock and don't care for the horizontal stripe which is not as fast as an i-Dot or XS standard dot sight in my opinion.

I'm sure Ernest has done a great job making this pistol much more attractive and someone who has the money to burn should definitely buy one in spite of the shortfalls I identified (which is no fault of his for sure); but in the wake of the P365 and now the Hellcat, the XD-E was unfortunately the victim of bad timing. As a recovering Glock and M&P addict, DA/SA is still the way to go in my opinion, but not necessarily in the single stack/subcompact genre of pistols until someone make them more competitive.
    Last edited by sheepdog; 11-01-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    First, both the XD-E and the Hellcat are 1" thick. An XD-E 2.0 needs to at the very LEAST match the latter's 11+1 magazine, and considering this pistol is 5" in height, it should be even greater. Right? A pistol this high with the capacity it has just isn't competitive in my opinion. This alone forced my hand to stay with a Shield because at least it's almost a half inch shorter with a flush magazine.

Second, SA needs to get a Shield M2.0-like grip texture in lieu of that silly "Grip-Zone".

Third, SA needs to come out with a version lacking a manual safety. Cocked & locked is nice for 1911 guys, but most DA/SA gun guys these days prefer forgoing the manual safety.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of tritium sights with no tritium in the rear. What is the point of that? I dry practice clearing my house at all times of the day and night, and I can tell you there are circumstances in which I could identify a threat without being able to align my sights as quickly as I could if there was a single tritium dot in the rear (e.g. i-Dot). I liked blacked out rears, but as long as the tritium doesn't have an outlined, it is still blacked out. They should always be serrated as well in my opinion. I had the CAP sights on a Glock and don't care for the horizontal stripe which is not as fast as an i-Dot or XS standard dot sight in my opinion.

I'm sure Ernest has done a great job making this pistol much more attractive and someone who has the money to burn should definitely buy one in spite of the shortfalls I identified (which is no fault of his for sure); but in the wake of the P365 and now the Hellcat, the XD-E was unfortunately the victim of bad timing. As a recovering Glock and M&P addict, DA/SA is still the way to go in my opinion, but not necessarily in the single stack/subcompact genre of pistols until someone make them more competitive.

1. While I would like to see those magazines available, I half expect to see Sig and Springfield in court over the mag issue. If they could come up with those magazines, why would the pistol need to be 2.0 and not just buy new magazines.
    2. I read recently, online, that as of January of this year, they are no longer putting Grip Zone on the guns. Problem is, there is a lot of old stock out there, so I haven't seen any to verify.
    3. I really misunderstood the safety on this thing. Think of the lever like a binary trigger lever on an AR 15. You have flat for the neutral position, down for decock and up, only if you want to use the safety.
    4. I mistakenly thought the orange rear had a vial in the center. What I saw that I thought that, was on another forum, someone had this style of sight, and put that glow in the dark paint, over the color. Between late night, looking at a different gun with a rear vial, and seeing that, I merged the three in my mind. The front sight can be bought separately, and put with XD-191-OP-R rear, night sight from Ameriglo, for effectively the Spartan sights. (still wish Ameriglo had that rear for the PX4) Good for those of us who work both nights, and go from lighted, to mixed lighted area's.

Site Supporter
    I'm thinking of getting these sights. They are similar to what is available for the px4.
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod54527.aspx

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 11-02-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Site Supporter
    Got mine installed today. (I had to redo one screwup --my own fault, but it was easier to take apart the second time!)....

Looking forward to shooting it. Good video.

User Tag List