Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    That's interesting. Any ideas as to why it isn't a factor with the XD-E?
    It's not really that big of a deal with many guns. There are way more factors involved in recoil and muzzle recovery than bore axis. It is a factor, but not nearly the factor that many companies try to make it out to be when they want to market you their new "super low bore axis" gun that they just launched.

Example, the Glock 19 and PO7 has a much lower bore axis than the PX4 Compact. Go shoot them side by side, one after the other, with the same ammo, and tell me which one is flatter shooting.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    It's not really that big of a deal with many guns. There are way more factors involved in recoil and muzzle recovery than bore axis. It is a factor, but not nearly the factor that many companies try to make it out to be when they want to market you their new "super low bore axis" gun that they just launched.

Example, the Glock 19 and PO7 has a much lower bore axis than the PX4 Compact. Go shoot them side by side, one after the other, with the same ammo, and tell me which one is flatter shooting.
    Funny you mention that trio. I just shot one of my G19.4s side-by-side a PX4C with the same ammo and I generally had an easier time with the PX4C returning to target than my G19.4. My G19.4 had a fresh stippling job done not long ago, the PX4C was the stock slippery polymer.

I have a P-07 that I’m looking to offload that I haven’t shot in a while. Might have to drag my friend to the range again to borrow his PX4C and pit it against both of those guns again. I’m also going to have to bust out the timer for good measure that time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spinmove_; 09-12-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

Bore axis has become the be-all and end-all because it's visible, so it allows people on the internet to judge guns just based on pictures. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I thought it was a pretty soft shooter. Didn’t feel like it was “flippy” by any means. If it didn’t pinch my finger, I’d get one.

Bore axis is the cause of some people's difficulties with Glock. You get the web of the hand so high that your finger has to go downhill to get into the trigger guard. I still love my Glocks, but it's a real issue for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Bore axis is the cause of some people's difficulties with Glock. You get the web of the hand so high that your finger has to go downhill to get into the trigger guard. I still love my Glocks, but it's a real issue for some people.
    That’s not so much a function of bore axis so much as it’s how the frame and trigger guard are designed.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    That’s not so much a function of bore axis so much as it’s how the frame and trigger guard are designed.

Absolutely, but you can only get so high before it becomes an issue in conventional designs. The trigger can only get tucked up so close to the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Absolutely, but you can only get so high before it becomes an issue in conventional designs. The trigger can only get tucked up so close to the chamber.
    True to a point. The Glocks frame is weird and bulky in all the wrong places IMHO. Conventional designs like most other manufacturers manage to lower bore axis or match Glock’s without being obtrusive. More unconventional designs like Laugo’s get a bit more creative. Either way, it can be done.

Looks like Brownells is going to carry this!

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/h...rod130715.aspx
    #RESIST

I finally got to get my hands on a standard xde yesterday. Seems like a well built pistol. Trigger reach wasn't bad to me, trigger feel was probably better than my p2000. Decock lever/safety seemed very positive and I don't think inadvertently flipping on the safety would be an issue. The grip was definitely fat like it was designed as the 45 acp, the weight was about what I expected. Doesn't seem like you are gaining much by going with an xde for "ease of carry".

I went to my LGS to pick up my lcrx 357 mag. Almost walked out with a g48 too.

The px4 compact is seriously the softest recoiling and flattest shooting pistol I have ever shot. I have taken out my glock 19s and p2000 and even m9a3 as well as the px4cc and it is definitely the softest recoiling out of all of them. I'd say the px4 and m9a3 were the closest feeling wise. G19 are soft shooters but to me they seem to dip down more during lock up, like they are over sprung.

If I buy another pistol it would be a fullsize px4 LTT. If I wanted something thinner and lighter it wouldn't be a xde. Weight savings means more to me than how thin a pistol is.

User Tag List