Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Would love to see LTT stippled on that grip to obliterate the “grip zone” marking.
    I had the same thought when looking at these.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Ironically, I feel exactly the opposite. Why add something to a concealment gun that does nothing but add width and extra parts, parts which could come loose? It’s a real pain when those bushings come loose. I understand it’s a necessity in some designs, like a Beretta and its external trigger bar.

I love that on the Caspian wide bodies, you could just run grip tape. Of course, you can run grips too. Options are nice.
    Fair point. Thinness counts. But I think you could keep a grip pretty darn thin with panels. I'd be surprised if a 239's grip is much (or any) thicker than an Xde's. Never had any bushings screws or anything else come loose in that. Not saying I won't own polymer handled guns or they're not shootable (I'd like to get this XDe)... but, I find panels offer some advantages straight-up plastic doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Fair point. Thinness counts. But I think you could keep a grip pretty darn thin with panels. I'd be surprised if a 239's grip is much (or any) thicker than an Xde's. Never had any bushings screws or anything else come loose in that. Not saying I won't own polymer handled guns or they're not shootable (I'd like to get this XDe)... but, I find panels offer some advantages straight-up plastic doesn't.
    I’d think a P239 would be a bit thicker than and XDE. Perhaps someone who owns both and a set of calipers could confirm for us?

You’re lucky about the bushings. Have had it happen on quality 1911s, and my EDC 92 Wilson Compact Carry has the bottoms on both sides come off when I remove the grips. .

Site Supporter
    One of the reasons I bought a Glock 26 instead of a P239 was that the overall width was the same despite the Glock’s higher magazine capacity, which was made possible by the lack of separate grip panels.

Before I understood plunger tube support, I used a couple of different thin grips on my 1911. I have never succeeded in removing all 4 thin grip screw bushings intact, and once had to buy a screw extractor for that purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Seems to me that plastic guns are designed w/ the grip area as thin as the manufacturer thinks is strong enough to handle the load of absorbing recoil. A separate grip panel also needs to be a minimum thickness. So, to install panels, the main frame would need to be X inches thinner, where X is the minimum panel thickness. That may make the grip area too thin to do it's job.

When does thin become too thin? The g48 seems almost too thin to me to shoot comfortably well while a p239 or 1911 is perfect.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    One of the reasons I bought a Glock 26 instead of a P239 was that the overall width was the same despite the Glock’s higher magazine capacity, which was made possible by the lack of separate grip panels.
    I don't have a G26 here for comparison, but the P239's grip is thinner than the grip of a PX4C. Not sure if double-stack Glocks are any thinner in the grip than a PX4, but, I find the 239's grip to be quite thin--really, as thin as I want or need it to be. And it's more ergonomic (to me) than a Shield, PPS, XDS/E grip. Certainly nothing that can't be addressed with stippling and or tape, but the 239 shoots soo well as it is. I wish the slide was thinner on a 239, but I find the grip thin enough to conceal, while retaining a contour that's "ergonomically inclined."

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  29.5 KB
    Last edited by MattyD380; 09-02-2019 at 02:13 PM.

How about talking Beretta into a single stack PX4, better still

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    How about talking Beretta into a single stack PX4, better still
    If the G48 and G43X are any indication, I think a single stack PX4 Compact would be superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    When does thin become too thin? The g48 seems almost too thin to me to shoot comfortably well while a p239 or 1911 is perfect.
    I was wondering the same thing. Glock 43 and 42 I barely have any support hand touching the grip, and I find it really easy to start pulling shots left. Once I get out to 22 yards forget it, I already start seeing a good 4" drift to the left.

I am wondering if it is more of a thinness issue or a flatness issue on grips. I seem to do a lot better with more of a rounded grip.

User Tag List