Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

We got in a few of the 3.8" guns and they look good. It might be the perfect size for me now that I play with it. A little more sight radius put the same frame. I have a 4.5" gun and it shoots really well, but seems weird and really long on the top end. This 3.8" might be the sweet spot.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

With ROBAR now out of business, who is Langdon going to be using to make these beauties?

Quote Originally Posted by FredWyn View Post
    With ROBAR now out of business, who is Langdon going to be using to make these beauties?
    Uhm, himself. He is a gunsmith and has his own business.

Quote Originally Posted by FredWyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have posted this before, but I also know that people do not read everything. I know I don't!

ROBAR does not do NP3, Coating Technologies does NP3. ROBAR is the place where you can send your gun in and have it NP3. CTI will not turn a single screw on a gun for finish work.

We, Langdon Tactical, have been going direct to CTI for about two years to get NP3 put on our guns and projects.

CTI is not in jeopardy of going out of business and ROBAR going out of business does not affect our ability to do NP3 in any way.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have posted this before, but I also know that people do not read everything. I know I don't!

ROBAR does not do NP3, Coating Technologies does NP3. ROBAR is the place where you can send your gun in and have it NP3. CTI will not turn a single screw on a gun for finish work.

We, Langdon Tactical, have been going direct to CTI for about two years to get NP3 put on our guns and projects.

CTI is not in jeopardy of going out of business and ROBAR going out of business does not affect our ability to do NP3 in any way.

Thank you Mr. Langdon, I did not notice that, my apologies, I am however very happy to hear that you have other arrangements!

Best wishes to you and Mrs. Langdon. God bless.

@LangdonTactical

Saw you have the .45 in now and learned something about these guns from a friend (one his wife considered). I thought the decocker/safety, was similar to the Beretta 92/PX4, not how it is (one way for safety, the other for decocker).
    He is a 1911 guy and she prefers decockers, so he bought one for her, but she choose a different gun, so we may be doing some swapping and I will have to order a TJIAB.
    Wondering about the listed parts of the TJIAB, because it looks like two hammers are listed. (spurred and spurless, or one for the nine and one for the forty five?)

And then for laughs:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Just a heads up.....Ordered one for Melanie yesterday.....😉
    Have you had a chance to test it out yet?

So I hear a lot about the trigger reach on this gun. How does it compare to say a P-07?

Site Supporter
    Held one today.

Couldn’t try the trigger due to Academy’s policy, but the safety/decocker was easy to use. Safety not super easy to put on, but easy to take off. Trigger reach seemed ok.

It looks kind of big for a single stack , but actually seems to be smaller than it looks.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 09-24-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    ...but the safety/decocker was easy to use. Safety not super easy to put on, but easy to take off.
    I tried one thinking that the safety/decocker was going to sort of semi-suck, but it turned out to be pretty good for me.

g n

Site Supporter
    How difficult would it be to grind down one side of the mag release so that side was unusable?

Will SA sell you extra parts, like an extra magazine release?

User Tag List