Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

WC

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Contact info for CTI - http://coatingtechnologiesllc.com/contact/

FYI - Wilson Combat is an approved vendor for their coating - you could try contacting them.
    I called Wilson Combat and they said that they were using Robar and could no longer help with NP3.

FYI, for all you guys our there paying attention. We had a crew in yesterday doing videos for us. Yesterday morning we shot about 350 through the XD-E in about an hour. Basically, load mags and do mag dumps while the guys took pictures and videos. Aimee and I switched off between loading mags and doing mag dumps. Not a single issue with the gun and that puts our round count on these little guns at almost 10,000 rounds through three different guns.

I keep hearing about how these guns not reliable, and that it is a mistake to add it to the lineup. We are just not seeing it. I have also talked to a couple of gun writer friends of mine that have tested this gun. Ones that I trust to tell me the truth. None of them had any issues in their testing and one that shot and carried the gun for a month.

One thing to remember here, THIS IS NOT AN XD-S. I don't know that the XD-S has issues or not, I do not own one. But the XD-E is a hammer-fired gun, not striker-fired.

The other thing that I find to be important, frame and frame rails, where build to handle .45. and have been making the .45 version since the very start of this model gun.

We have taken a lot of grief over adding this gun to the lineup, but then we are used to that, the same thing happened with the PX4 when I started with that gun.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    FYI, for all you guys our there paying attention. We had a crew in yesterday doing videos for us. Yesterday morning we shot about 350 through the XD-E in about an hour. Basically, load mags and do mag dumps while the guys took pictures and videos. Aimee and I switched off between loading mags and doing mag dumps. Not a single issue with the gun and that puts our round count on these little guns at almost 10,000 rounds through three different guns.

I keep hearing about how these guns not reliable, and that it is a mistake to add it to the lineup. We are just not seeing it. I have also talked to a couple of gun writer friends of mine that have tested this gun. Ones that I trust to tell me the truth. None of them had any issues in their testing and one that shot and carried the gun for a month.
    The fact that LTT is working with the gun at all tells me that you must have put it through the wringer first.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've only put 550 rounds though my LTT XD-E as of this morning, received it 10 days ago. I am impressed by the internals of this pistol, it looks like it's built to last, and I've not had a failure one. Great DA, easy to rack, slim and very shootable, what's not to like ? I need the right holster for carry.

Cool

One thing to remember here, THIS IS NOT AN XD-S. I don't know that the XD-S has issues or not, I do not own one. But the XD-E is a hammer-fired gun, not striker-fired.

The other thing that I find to be important, frame and frame rails, where build to handle .45. and have been making the .45 version since the very start of this model gun.

We have taken a lot of grief over adding this gun to the lineup, but then we are used to that, the same thing happened with the PX4 when I started with that gun.
    This has my interest.I have only shot the original XD's,but when the XDE came out,i thought it was a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bigthicket View Post
    This has my interest.I have only shot the original XD's,but when the XDE came out,i thought it was a step in the right direction.
    I think the big hurdle is that people think it is just a hammer-fired XD-S. It having a hammer makes it a completely different gun in my opinion. There are now two springs that the slide has to overcome in the cycle of operation.

The other thing is people pick it up and think "hi bore axis" and immediately discount it without firing the first shot. It is a surprisingly soft shooting gun for its size and weight.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I think the big hurdle is that people think it is just a hammer-fired XD-S. It having a hammer makes it a completely different gun in my opinion. There are now two springs that the slide has to overcome in the cycle of operation.

The other thing is people pick it up and think "hi bore axis" and immediately discount it without firing the first shot. It is a surprisingly soft shooting gun for its size and weight.
    I've noticed that in other XD's I have tried. In fact, I rather liked the .45 ACP XDs after shooting a few and wondering if there was some sort of spring rate voodoo going on that made them so mild (all things considered). I never bit on one though, because "striker-fired." Anyway...

My wife and I decided to rent an XD-E last weekend, and it wasn't a bad experience at all, though shooting it in DA reminds me a bit of the Nano in that it feels like I am pulling that trigger a long distance before it goes off. It grouped well enough that after the first magazine, I ended up seeing how many rounds I could keep putting through what was one ragged hole (minus a first-shot flyer), and that sooty rental gun was more than acceptably accurate.

The safety/decocker in particular was a pleasant surprise, as I had read of complaints due to the right lever, but neither of us found that to be an issue. I rather like the setup, to be honest.

g n

If people would look at the schematics easily available, they would see the XD-E is a completely different beast from the striker XDs.

Also, I think one of the major issues with the XD and XD-M is their wonky 1911 style internal extractor. The XD-E (and XD-S) have a traditional external one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My wife crushing it with the XD-E 3.3" in 9mm.

Name:  APoFzGh-.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  36.8 KB

BUT, BUT, BUT..... BORE AXIS!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

BUT, BUT, BUT..... BORE AXIS!
    That's interesting. Any ideas as to why it isn't a factor with the XD-E?

User Tag List