Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I just bought an LTT XD-E from a forum member. I know....late to the party. I haven't received it yet but am thinking about changing the sights and looking for options. Do standard XD sights fit the XD-E?
    Here is an answer regarding sights from a review of the XD-E:

Springfield Armory XD-E sights are compatible with the current XD dovetail dimensions (which are, entirely uncoincidentally, the same as the classic SIG Sauer P-series.)
    And from a discussion on a Springfield forum:

I went with AmeriGlo on mine. Any of their XD/SIG sights work except for one XD one that's model specific for I think a .45 in 5" and the SIG #6. They're clearly labeled though so as long as it says XD, SIG #8, or SIG they'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    The XDE has been my EDC for a while now. I'm pretty happy with it. I mainly wanted it to match PX4 and 92 for similar manual of arms. Slide mounted decock is not exact, but seems close enough.

I put a set of night sights on it (getting the factory sights off was a challenge) while I was getting this resolved I carried my PX4. Man the slim single stack has spoiled me. I think I need to start carrying the PX4 more just to be used to the size.

I'm thinking about getting either the 3.8 or 4.5 to have as range / training gun. But I see used 3. 3 inch models being sold locally pretty cheap so I may get one of those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Just curious if you are still carrying the XD-E.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I just bought an LTT XD-E from a forum member. I know....late to the party. I haven't received it yet but am thinking about changing the sights and looking for options. Do standard XD sights fit the XD-E?
    Yes XD sights. The LTT has the orange-red Ameriglo CAP set installed by default assuming it was left original. They aren't bad so long as you like the color and don't mind 6 o-clock hold. The rear sight to that set is slightly taller than with other XD sets that Ameriglo sells.

Site Supporter

No, I realized I was carrying the XD-E but shooting my Glocks more and went with Glocks with the Gadget.

I'm still carrying my LTT XDE 3.3.

The guys at the LGS store joke I'm going to die when it fails on me. It's comfortable to carry and I like DA/SA over striker. It's not a good shooting gun, but it's better than my snub-nose. Seems like the parts supply is drying up already. I see stories about broken XDE's not being able to be repaired due to lack of parts. I'm trying to get a recoil spring assembly from Springfield.

I had been waiting for a Langdon trigger job, just for the bobbed hammer. The one I have was due to someone buying one for their spouse and getting a deal when they didn't like it (regular one). They had put the Langdon style sights on it, which I changed the rear, since it didn't (thought it had a vial in the rear orange), have tritium. OK range gun but just never quite fit for me, but kept for family reasons.

But this makes me wonder about what is he going to market in its place? Something to maybe develop a gadget for, like a M&P?

Quote Originally Posted by Binkius View Post
    I'm still carrying my LTT XDE 3.3.

The guys at the LGS store joke I'm going to die when it fails on me. It's comfortable to carry and I like DA/SA over striker. It's not a good shooting gun, but it's better than my snub-nose. Seems like the parts supply is drying up already. I see stories about broken XDE's not being able to be repaired due to lack of parts. I'm trying to get a recoil spring assembly from Springfield.
    I have been wondering about parts. I suppose I should look into getting a stock of parts to ensure my new XD-E 3.8 stays running. @Binkius Where are you getting parts from?

I haven't taken receipt of it yet. The PA "Instant" background check system went down when I went to pick it up on Friday.
    Last edited by Irelander; 06-11-2022 at 08:48 PM.

I have been wondering about parts. I suppose I should look into getting a stock of parts to ensure my new XD-E 3.8 stays running. @Binkius Where are you getting parts from?
    I'm trying directly from Springfield. There was some kind of problem with the stock trigger bar that necessitated a production change, but mine has the LTT trigger bar, so I hope that lasts longer than the problematic stock one. I'm just going to get a recoil spring assembly because the gun is so lightly sprung I'm concerned it may not last 5,000 rounds. I've already got 4 magazines (they are still readily available from Springfield and the online retailers). I've only got 900 rounds on it - I don't use it as a range gun. I'm just putting on a couple of hundred rounds every time I put it into my carry rotation.

I don't think a gun going out of production is a problem... except when the gun is 3rd party manufactured on contract overseas, like the XDE. I don't think the Croatian manufacturer has this gun in their domestic line-up, so when Springfield ended the contract, parts availability stopped immediately. Usually in a situation like this, there are parts in the production pipeline that end up as NOS in the parts department. But Springfield probably didn't want to pay for any parts on a gun they aren't selling and then have to pay taxes on inventory for those parts.

I will try contacting LTT tomorrow. But I've read online somewhere they can't source parts anymore. I think eventually, if you're doing high shot counts with this gun, you're going to have to start buying used/broken guns to cannibalize.
    Last edited by Binkius; 06-11-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binkius View Post
    I'm trying directly from Springfield. There was some kind of problem with the stock trigger bar that necessitated a production change, but mine has the LTT trigger bar, so I hope that lasts longer than the problematic stock one. I'm just going to get a recoil spring assembly because the gun is so lightly sprung I'm concerned it may not last 5,000 rounds. I've already got 4 magazines (they are still readily available from Springfield and the online retailers). I've only got 900 rounds on it - I don't use it as a range gun. I'm just putting on a couple of hundred rounds every time I put it into my carry rotation.

I don't think a gun going out of production is a problem... except when the gun is 3rd party manufactured on contract overseas, like the XDE. I don't think the Croatian manufacturer has this gun in their domestic line-up, so when Springfield ended the contract, parts availability stopped immediately. Usually in a situation like this, there are parts in the production pipeline that end up as NOS in the parts department. But Springfield probably didn't want to pay for any parts on a gun they aren't selling and then have to pay taxes on inventory for those parts.

I will try contacting LTT tomorrow. But I've read online somewhere they can't source parts anymore. I think eventually, if you're doing high shot counts with this gun, you're going to have to start buying used/broken guns to cannibalize.
    Nuts

Nuts
    Yeah. Nuts. From what I've been reading online, when an XDE breaks and you send it back to Springfield, they are just giving "store credit" towards the purchase of a new Springfield. They aren't able to repair any XDE that needs parts. All just hearsay, no confirmation. Springfield is backing their gun, but I'd rather have parts because there really isn't anything else like the XDE on the market.

User Tag List