Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

I just picked up my XD-E 3.8 with LTT upgrades. It is certainly bigger than most single stack 9mm pistols but I was expecting that. I am very pleased with the trigger pull both DA and SA. The SA is butter! I'm almost hoping I don't like it because of parts issues but I am impressed with the gun doing dry fire exercises.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

@LangdonTactical
    I imagine you have quite a few rounds through the XD-E 9mm pistols. Have you had any parts break during your usage? What parts do you recommend having on hand besides springs?

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    @LangdonTactical
    I imagine you have quite a few rounds through the XD-E 9mm pistols. Have you had any parts break during your usage? What parts do you recommend having on hand besides springs?
    Not really, it is not a gun that I shoot a ton. We put a few thousand rounds through a couple of them when we were testing them, no breakages at all.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Picked up my LTT XD-E this morning. It was cleaned of any factory preservative and lubed up by EL. First impression was it felt like a M&P Shield, the grip that is, so I dug through the safes to find my only striker. The LTT XD-E is a couple oz. heavier, the barrel is a 1/4" longer but the grip is superior on the XD-E. I only shot 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 147 gr. with no problems.

I have a couple PX4 CC's and a couple LTT Elites, another 6 or 8 92's with EL triggers so I know what a DA trigger should be and the LTT XD-E has a smooth, steady DA trigger and the SA is as good. Besides the slim frame and slide, the take down lever, slide lock and decocker/safety levers are low profile. No way you should ride these levers or accidentally engage the safety, so the safety is a non issue for me. The bobbed out hammer is fantastic and the slide will rack with a thumb and finger.

I plan to shoot this enough this Fall and Winter to put it into carry mode. I'm a Beretta guy but this is a viable carry for me because of the TDA and size, very nicely modified by LTT.
    Just curious if you or anyone else is still carrying an LTT XD-E. I'm carrying mine now. It does carry nice and the LTT trigger is amazing. It's my only TDA pistol. I go back and forth on whether I should send it down the road due to it's discontinuation and low capacity. Too bad it didn't take off like a slim TDA should have.

I haven't carried mine for over a year. I'm disappointed about Springfield dropping the model because I really like to shoot this pistol and hope there's some parts available in the future. So many options out there for compact carry guns but not that many DA/SA to choose from......mag capacity doesn't concern me so much.

I was planning to start shooting and carrying my PPS but I really don't enjoy shooting it. I decided to really try out my XD-E 3.8 instead of himming and hawing around it due to the lack of parts availability. I've been shooting it quite a bit and I am really liking it. I find the trigger profile very comfortable and I'm slowly getting over my aversion to the grip shape. The LTT trigger work is so smooth and light it really is fun to shoot. Now I just need to find a set of those CAP sights that LTT puts on these XD-E's so I can get rid of these XS sights. And I need to order an IWB3 from JMCK.

I still carry a plain XD-E 3.3, which now has all of the features I want in a carry gun. I finally decided I am willing to carry it until -and if- it has an irreplaceable parts breakage.

The one feature I disliked about the XD-E was the fiber-optic front sight, which clashed horribly with my astigmatism. I corrected that problem with a set of sights that agree with my eyes.

Name:  XDE-sights.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  51.5 KB

I was planning to start shooting and carrying my PPS but I really don't enjoy shooting it. I decided to really try out my XD-E 3.8 instead of himming and hawing around it due to the lack of parts availability. I've been shooting it quite a bit and I am really liking it. I find the trigger profile very comfortable and I'm slowly getting over my aversion to the grip shape. The LTT trigger work is so smooth and light it really is fun to shoot. Now I just need to find a set of those CAP sights that LTT puts on these XD-E's so I can get rid of these XS sights. And I need to order an IWB3 from JMCK.
    https://langdontactical.com/xde-cap-sight-set/

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Thanks, however, I didn't realize there wasn't tritium in the rear sight.

Thanks, however, I didn't realize there wasn't tritium in the rear sight.
    I learned that the hardway, as well. I thought it was a single vial or dot in the orange of the rear. I don't remember where I picked them up, but it was cheaper to buy the back separately, then the whole set (set had the round orange front, and the cap set has the square orange front).
    It doesn't appear that Ameriglo still has the blacked out rear, but the sights on mine are:
    Ameriglo XD-191-OP-R Rear (square notch, blacked out) and Ameriglo XD-618 Front (orange square)

Ameriglo sells a set, but the back has the white outlines (pen will fix), and the front is round, while the back has a U notch. (didn't go through all offerings, so there may be others.
    Never got the Langdon version or the TJIAB, as I got a deal on the gun and expected it would/will end up with a smaller framed relative at some point. Thought the factory trigger was pretty good.

User Tag List