Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

This project has been in the works for a while. We waited to see how things would shake out with this little gun, and so far so good, I for one am impressed. I think we have a nice little single-stack option for you guys that really want something a little smaller and thinner.

https://www.langdontactical.com/spri...tical-edition/

The LTT XDE, built by Springfield Armory, improved by Langdon Tactical. The XDE is the only viable DA/SA single stack gun on the market right now that give you an ultra-thin, concealable DA/SA conceal Carry option with several upgrades for better shootability. We decrease the double-action by over 2lbs bringing the DA to around 8 lb and the SA to 4-4.5 lbs.

The Springfield Armory XDE upgraded by LTT includes:

- Sniper Gray Cerakoted and LTT engraved slide
    - LTT Trigger Job with the option of a 12# or 12.7# hammer spring
    - Upgraded Ameriglo CAP Sights
    - New low-profile hammer for better concealment and snag-free draws
    - Extra 8-round flush magazine to give you three mags, one of each type, straight out the box, with an extra flush cap for magazine customization
    - Option of two different hammer spring weights.
    20% reduction weight 12.7 lbs spring for reliability with US and NATO-spec ammunition.
    25% reduction weight 12 lbs spring provides reliability with US-Spec Ammunition

Name:  XDE right.jpg
Views: 4961
Size:  26.1 KB
    Name:  XDEX.jpg
Views: 4640
Size:  23.6 KB

We are still working with Beretta before anyone asks. This is what we think is a logical diversification and option for LTT Customers.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Interesting. I look forward to hearing more about both the XD-E, and the LTT model.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Thanks for doing this, my xde has been languishing in the safe for about a year. The double action pull weight, combined with a pretty long reach (longer than my j-frames), just wasn't doing it for me. It seems like a pretty good gun. I really like how easy the slide is to rack on it, and it can be very shootable with regard to recoil.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    This project has been in the works for a while. We waited to see how things would shake out with this little gun, and so far so good, I for one am impressed. I think we have a nice little single-stack option for you guys that really want something a little smaller and thinner.

https://www.langdontactical.com/spri...tical-edition/

The LTT XDE, built by Springfield Armory, improved by Langdon Tactical. The XDE is the only viable DA/SA single stack gun on the market right now that give you an ultra-thin, concealable DA/SA conceal Carry option with several upgrades for better shootability. We decrease the double-action by over 2lbs bringing the DA to around 8 lb and the SA to 4-4.5 lbs.

The Springfield Armory XDE upgraded by LTT includes:

- Sniper Gray Cerakoted and LTT engraved slide
    - LTT Trigger Job with the option of a 12# or 12.7# hammer spring
    - Upgraded Ameriglo CAP Sights
    - New low-profile hammer for better concealment and snag-free draws
    - Extra 8-round flush magazine to give you three mags, one of each type, straight out the box, with an extra flush cap for magazine customization
    - Option of two different hammer spring weights.
    20% reduction weight 12.7 lbs spring for reliability with US and NATO-spec ammunition.
    25% reduction weight 12 lbs spring provides reliability with US-Spec Ammunition

Name:  XDE right.jpg
Views: 4961
Size:  26.1 KB
    Name:  XDEX.jpg
Views: 4640
Size:  23.6 KB

We are still working with Beretta before anyone asks. This is what we think is a logical diversification and option for LTT Customers.

Thank you for producing this!

Two questions.

Is it possible to eliminate the safety and make it decock only?

SA told me they didn’t make one, but how difficult would it be to make the mag release NON-ambi?

Again thanks for the work !

Student
    This is a new kind of project that I don't think many people were expecting you to take, but I like that you guys are willing to try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you for producing this!

Two questions.

Is it possible to eliminate the safety and make it decock only?

SA told me they didn’t make one, but how difficult would it be to make the mag release NON-ambi?

Again thanks for the work !
    We have looked at it, and it would be hard to do with the current design. It is on our radar for sure to do something like that. I for one do not need a safety on that gun, but at the same time, it does not bother me that it is there.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Thanks for doing this, my xde has been languishing in the safe for about a year. The double action pull weight, combined with a pretty long reach (longer than my j-frames), just wasn't doing it for me. It seems like a pretty good gun. I really like how easy the slide is to rack on it, and it can be very shootable with regard to recoil.
    It is a lot more fun to shoot than a lightweight J-Frame for sure. And I can shoot it a hell of a lot faster and better than I can my 340 PD as well.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

The OE hammer is ridiculous. Thank you for ditching that.

The lack of a single stack counterpart to the PX4CC that has the same trigger system and sight options was my major hesitation with respect to moving completely away from glock to the PX4CC.

I currently carry either a 19.4 w/ TCAPs and an SCD or a G43 w/ TCAPs and an SCD.

I prefer the PX4CC to the 19.4, for a variety of reasons, but the above carry combo was just not something that was available in DA/SA.

Looks like this fills that void. It seems you put some thought into this and recognized the same gap that I have encountered above.

That being said, XD.....I assume you have put a number of rounds through one and can attest to its durability? I cant think of anyone on this site that has put a significant number of rounds through one of these. The only threads I can think of involve people putting one magazine through them and putting it in the back of the safe, or winning one in a drawing and forgetting they own it.

The sights. Nice . The TCAPs on my glocks have the horizontal line as well. I find it helps me align the front sight in the notch faster. Are there any plans to offer the PX4 rear with the horizontal line as well so that the sight picture on the PX4CC and the XD are exactly the same?

Just ordered one from the LTT site. I was curious about this pistol since it was a hammer gun but didn't move on it, but with Ernest' name on it I'm giving it a go. Still waiting on the 92X Compact too (wink,wink).

User Tag List