Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes Single-Stack, Springfield XD-E

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    She didn’t like the 43X, she shoots a Shield well, but like the XD-E, she is just not really happy with several aspects. Basically, the whole small flat auto thing is just not working for her. She shot her PX4CC like gang busters today....as usual.
    Out of curiosity, has she tried a Kahr? I find the Hogue grip on the K9 to be relatively hand filling for the small grip, and even though it's a striker=fired weapon, the DA trigger is smooth.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Out of curiosity, has she tried a Kahr? I find the Hogue grip on the K9 to be relatively hand filling for the small grip, and even though it's a striker=fired weapon, the DA trigger is smooth.
    We had a long talk on this and she just wants to focus on simplicity and getting good with a couple things that will work across the board. We ll see how the LCR goes. So far she likes the idea of having a single small gun that can do everything from range plinking, carry for personal protection and as an outdoors gun with .327 Magnum. It’s a process.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    ....“HK weird” grip ....
    @Dagga Boy, can you describe this grip, or better yet provide a pic?
    Last edited by gomerpyle; 12-16-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    @Dagga Boy, can you describe this grip, or better yet provide a pic?
    For some reason I can’t post pictures on here anymore....🙁
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I got a chance to run a couple mags through one yesterday with @SeriousStudent.

Meh, I'll stick with my j-frames for that role.

YMMV
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This is one of the reasons I don't like the Shield. The backstrap is thin and sharp, leading to an ambiguous grip that is easy to push laterally unless you grip the fuck out of it. The single stack Glocks have a square backstrap that feels much larger.
    That has a lot to do with the shape (proportions) of one's hand even more than size. I have average-sized hands (a large glove is tight and extra-large is a little loose). I run beavertails on Glocks otherwise I get slide bite. I owned a bunch of single stack and slim pistols, including the G43 (which is worse for giving me slide bite because I can't add a beavertail). As such, I agree, and I have had a hard time bearing down on most of them; however, that's why I went back to a Shield. It fits me perfect so that I can grip it like a vice. It surprised me, but for some reason my hands fold around and compress around that thing in such a way I can really leverage the pistol. Everyone is different.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Site Supporter
    The XDE has been my EDC for a while now. I'm pretty happy with it. I mainly wanted it to match PX4 and 92 for similar manual of arms. Slide mounted decock is not exact, but seems close enough.

I put a set of night sights on it (getting the factory sights off was a challenge) while I was getting this resolved I carried my PX4. Man the slim single stack has spoiled me. I think I need to start carrying the PX4 more just to be used to the size.

I'm thinking about getting either the 3.8 or 4.5 to have as range / training gun. But I see used 3. 3 inch models being sold locally pretty cheap so I may get one of those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I just placed an order for an XD-E 3.8 9mm and a .45 from Langdon Tactical today. I have a stock 9mm version and shoot it well and have been in the mood to shoot .45 lately for some reason. Looking forward to getting the pair.

I'm really thinking about getting an LTT XD-E 3.8 9mm to replace my PPS Classic. Now that I've moved my main carry gun to a P2000SK LEM I'd really like my single stack summer carry gun to be hammer fired as well. The XD-E is really the only choice. However, I'd rather have a DAO trigger. Can the XD-E be modified for DAO operation/no decocker?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I just bought an LTT XD-E from a forum member. I know....late to the party. I haven't received it yet but am thinking about changing the sights and looking for options. Do standard XD sights fit the XD-E?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List