Thread: CZ P-10 safety flaw

CZ P-10 safety flaw

Has anyone seen the post on reddit about the P-10 striker safety? It looks like the striker block on every model P-10 is inadequate at stopping the striker if it slips Forward off of the sear.

I’ve been able to replicate it with my own gen-1 P-10C, and after contacting CZ about it they basically told me it was a non issue that it doesn’t work. I’m posting this to bring it to the attention of other owners, and so that it may hopefully gain enough publicity that CZ addresses the problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CZFirearms/...medium=ios_app

Would seem either the striker block is there just to give the appearance of additional safety or CZ modified the design after original engineering to satisfy the target trigger crowd.

Don't know if it actually matters in use/testing but it's interesting.

Hammertime
    That was an interesting and thorough Reddit thread.

The OP convinced me that the striker channel block does next to nothing in the P10.

Interesting, but I am unconvinced that the block is inadequate from the precocked striker position. I can't imagine realistic modes in which the striker becomes fully cocked during the failure...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Interesting, but I am unconvinced that the block is inadequate from the precocked striker position. I can't imagine realistic modes in which the striker becomes fully cocked during the failure...
    I read the entire thread there, the OP does not have me convinced and the response from CZ was both incredibly refreshing in the extreme amount of detail they went into and also convincing in that you can't really test the function of what he is saying doesn't work in the way he went about it. I think this may be much ado about nothing, at least until a SIGiesque DROPGRATE follows them home... I am not counting on it personally but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I only have a sample size of one, but on my 2017 P-10C if I reset the striker so that it’s resting against the block without any spring tension, I can push the striker past it with only a little pressure from my thumb.

There’s no question my striker block would be pushed out of the way if my striker dropped onto it, even from half-cock. Whether that would provide enough resistance to prevent the gun from firing though? I’m not sure. And I don’t like that I’m not sure.

That is why I stick to a glock for striker fired, even though I am not crazy about them.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    the response from CZ was both incredibly refreshing in the extreme amount of detail they went into and also convincing in that you can't really test the function of what he is saying doesn't work in the way he went about it.
    Yeah I thought the CZ response was above and beyond as far as taking the time to address his issues.

User Tag List