Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding Tritium to Standard Sights (Converting Glock Factory sights to night sights)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Respectfully, gents, he's not interested in debating times or scores...perhaps someone can actually help him fulfill his request.
    Nobody is debating. I'm discussing shooting on a shooting forum. I see most of your thread topics are social commentary/political in nature.

I question that he is actually faster or more accurate with the sights he's going to need to custom make, so I was curious on how he came to the conclusion.

I guess he could try talking to Tool Tech to see if they could install lamps into the OEM metal sights.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 08-28-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Nobody is debating. I'm discussing shooting on a shooting forum. I see most of your thread topics are social commentary/political in nature.

I question that he is actually faster or more accurate with the sights he's going to need to custom make, so I was curious on how he came to the conclusion.

I guess he could try talking to Tool Tech to see if they could install lamps into the OEM metal sights.
    Again, that wasn't the point of the question. Why do I want these? Because I can is as good an explanation as anything. Split times are not part of the question.

https://eu.glock.com/en/products/glo...ts-luminescent

The Glock luminescent sights have the “ball in basket” that the OP is looking for, but it’s not tritium.

I am not sure they will help, but Trijicon's "custom shop" is ToolTech Gunsight. The web site is http://tooltechgunsight.com/ and the phone number is 248/628-1811. The email address is sales@tooltechgunsight.com

I believe the modification, if possible, will need to be done with steel sights, as the plastic Glock uses is not very strong. I suspect the plastic sight, with a tritium vial, would quickly fail under recoil due to the extra mass of the vial acting as a lever. The Glock plastic sights are also known for eroding just from holstering, further suggesting the plastic sights are not a good host for tritium vials.

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    https://eu.glock.com/en/products/glo...ts-luminescent

The Glock luminescent sights have the “ball in basket” that the OP is looking for, but it’s not tritium.
    I have these - unless you hit them with a UV light for a second or very bright flashlight, they aren't useful for anything at night.

Quote Originally Posted by riverred105 View Post
    Yes, I have essentially the same thing from meprolight sitting right here. My big question is how to paint the sight neatly to add the glock "cup"
    The Heinie rear sight isn't smooth so it would be a challenge if your Meprolight is like that. I would think you could take a dremmel and put two vertical grooves or channels in the sight that could be filled easily with paint and hold a straight line. The horizontal one would be a challenge near the tritium.

On a smooth sight I would just mask it and paint the line. A groove would hold the paint better though.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I am not sure they will help, but Trijicon's "custom shop" is ToolTech Gunsight. The web site is http://tooltechgunsight.com/ and the phone number is 248/628-1811. The email address is sales@tooltechgunsight.com

I believe the modification, if possible, will need to be done with steel sights, as the plastic Glock uses is not very strong. I suspect the plastic sight, with a tritium vial, would quickly fail under recoil due to the extra mass of the vial acting as a lever. The Glock plastic sights are also known for eroding just from holstering, further suggesting the plastic sights are not a good host for tritium vials.
    Thank you for this - tool tech gunsight will be either drilling the metal glock rear sight or creating a custom copy starting with a straight 8 rear.

Maybe consider the Ameriglo CAP.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List