Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding Tritium to Standard Sights (Converting Glock Factory sights to night sights)

Adding Tritium to Standard Sights (Converting Glock Factory sights to night sights)

I'm probably touched in the head a bit, but I like glock cup and ball style factory sights. My only complaint is the lack of night sight availability with the cup and ball style sight. For the purpose of the question below, I'm looking for a straight 8 configuration. I've tried multiple sights from meprolight, truglo, XS, ameriglo, etc and keep coming back to the OEM sights.

I have both the factory Glock polymer sights, factory metal sights, as wells as the glock factory glow in the dark sights. None of these rear sights will do what I'm looking for. I had Glock add factory night sights, and I left the front sight with tritium in and removed the rear sight, replacing it with a factory glock rear.

Said simply, I want to either:
    1. have a tritium vial inserted in the factory glock polymer or steel rear to create a straight 8. ( would require drilling the rear and inserting a tritium vial) OR
    2. Take a rear sight already with a single vial (e.g. ameriglo) and paint the cup outline on it.

I'm looking for suggestions as to how I can have one of these professionally done and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

So you'll be far better off buying steel night sights for your Glock. Then learn how to like the new sights you might be surprised!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Site Supporter

Adding Tritium to Standard Sights (Converting Glock Factory sights to night sights)

I do not know if there is enough room front to back in a Glock factory front sight for a tritium vial.

I also like the Glock factory sight, and find that sight picture to be fast and accurate, as well as one of the best non-tritium low light options.

My Glocks presently have Dawson Tritium Carry Sights. Although this is a 3 dot pattern, I find that they work well under a wide variety of conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 08-27-2019 at 08:02 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    So you'll be far better off buying steel night sights for your Glock. Then learn how to like the new sights you might be surprised!!
    I am using glock metal sights Not including the ameriglo night sights, Glock makes 4 different OEM sights: 1. standard plastic sight 2: standard glock sights with photoluminescence (glow in the dark) 3. Adjustable sight and 4. Metal glock sight

I've definitely played with many, many sights such as TRIJICON, Truglo TFX (tritium and fiber optic), standard night sights with 2 dots on the rear, XS big dot, and on and on. I can shoot them fine, but I strongly prefer the glock ball in a basket sight.

I do have an ameriglo rear with a single tritium vial to be used in a straight 8 configuration. I'm beginning to think it may be easier to paint a white "U" or "basket" on this sight, rather than trying to drill into a glock factory sight. My only problem is, I am the furthest thing away from an artist. I don't have a clue how to do this in a quality manner that wasn't off centered or otherwise look like crap.

Any suggestions?

What is the average time of your first shot on the FAST test?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    What is the average time of your first shot on the FAST test?
    No clue. I'm generally fastest with the glock factory sights. It's somewhat outside the scope of the question. I have 4 or 5 sights from the major manufacturers beside me. I'm not trying to make an argument for which is the best. I'm simply asking how I can modify a rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by riverred105 View Post
    No clue. I'm generally fastest with the glock factory sights.
    How do you usually quantify that?

Quote Originally Posted by riverred105 View Post
    No clue. I'm generally fastest with the glock factory sights. It's somewhat outside the scope of the question. I have 4 or 5 sights from the major manufacturers beside me. I'm not trying to make an argument for which is the best. I'm simply asking how I can modify a rear sight.
    Respectfully, gents, he's not interested in debating times or scores...perhaps someone can actually help him fulfill his request.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Yes, I have essentially the same thing from meprolight sitting right here. My big question is how to paint the sight neatly to add the glock "cup"

User Tag List