Thread: This followed me home from the LGS

This followed me home from the LGS

I found this on the used rack at the local shop. I looked at it a few times, then went back and made an offer, which was accepted. It is in pristine condition and came with the original case and papers. Someone had already upgraded the legacy Surefire forend with the KM2 LED head which is my preferred setup. All it needs is a sling. I shot it yesterday and today with good results. LOP is 13 3/4", which would be too long for most people, but I am 6'4", so I may just leave it like that.

Note the side mounted sling swivel on the stock. I'd like to order a Wilderness sling for it. Should I install a swivel or just get the sling that wraps around the stock?

Name:  SC8701.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  SC8702.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  82.9 KB

Name:  SC8703.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  21.2 KB

I tested the pattern at 15 yards with both some old school Federal Tactical low recoil 00 that I had from 2000, and the new stuff with the flight control wad. This is from an 18" cylinder bore bbl. The difference was dramatic.

Name:  IMG_1835.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1833.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  20.6 KB

I think you combat shotguns needs have been well and truly met. Nice find!

Great, now what are you going to spend money on???

Awesome score. Enjoy.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

This is very strange because I had the same experience a few weeks ago with an almost identical gun.

It is a Scattergun Technologies 870 that someone had equipped with a Magpul stock. It was at a very good price, and I bought it. Here is a picture of it next to my wood furnitured Remington 870 Wingmaster, which I bought in 1983.

Name:  New scattergun technologies shotgun2.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  40.8 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 08-26-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    I found this on the used rack at the local shop. I looked at it a few times, then went back and made an offer, which was accepted. It is in pristine condition and came with the original case and papers. Someone had already upgraded the legacy Surefire forend with the KM2 LED head which is my preferred setup. All it needs is a sling. I shot it yesterday and today with good results. LOP is 13 3/4", which would be too long for most people, but I am 6'4", so I may just leave it like that.

Note the side mounted sling swivel on the stock. I'd like to order a Wilderness sling for it. Should I install a swivel or just get the sling that wraps around the stock?

Name:  SC8701.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  SC8702.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  82.9 KB

Name:  SC8703.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  21.2 KB

I tested the pattern at 15 yards with both some old school Federal Tactical low recoil 00 that I had from 2000, and the new stuff with the flight control wad. This is from an 18" cylinder bore bbl. The difference was dramatic.

Name:  IMG_1835.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1833.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  20.6 KB
    Just curious - which LGS?

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Just curious - which LGS?
    Greentop. They actually had another Scattergun Technologies 870 on the rack with a few dings in the finish for a few bucks less. I have no affiliation, etc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Greentop. They actually had another Scattergun Technologies 870 on the rack with a few dings in the finish for a few bucks less. I have no affiliation, etc.
    Thanks! Probably will head up there in a day or two. 20 minutes from my front door.

User Tag List