Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vodka Thread

Vodka Thread

A neighbor recently reintroduced me to vodka. I have really grown a taste for it and it has become my go to social or recreational drink now.

Anyone else love vodka? My favorite right now is Titos with some lemon or with soda water and lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    A neighbor recently reintroduced me to vodka. I have really grown a taste for it and it has become my go to social or recreational drink now.

Anyone else love vodka? My favorite right now is Titos with some lemon or with soda water and lemon.
    Can't say I love it as I drink it only from time to time...but we had some Tito's not too long ago and I thought it was pretty good stuff. (But I'm no connoisseur.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I moved on to gin, mostly.

But Tito's is good. If you like the potato vodka "bite," I recommend Luksusowa for a mid-priced vodka, Svedka if you like it clean.

Ketel is probably my favorite, but I'm not usually willing to pay the premium over Tito's.

A good Mocow Mule is very nice, but the ginger beer may be the most important ingredient.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I moved on to gin, mostly.

But Tito's is good. If you like the potato vodka "bite," I recommend Luksusowa for a mid-priced vodka, Svedka if you like it clean.

Ketel is probably my favorite, but I'm not usually willing to pay the premium over Tito's.

A good Mocow Mule is very nice, but the ginger beer may be the most important ingredient.
    My wife has a large bottle of Svedka I bought her for mixing summer drinks, (Cosmopolitans, Vodka Tonics), because I figured it was only vodka and it was very inexpensive. Turns out that it's apparently pretty decent. Lucky guess on my part.

Yup. Not a regular of mine but I stock up for visits by one friend.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

My favorite is Ketel One but Tito’s is almost as good at about half the price so it’s my go-to. I like vodka tonics, Moscow Mules, and have been known to order the occasional vodka martini.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My wife has a large bottle of Svedka I bought her for mixing summer drinks, (Cosmopolitans, Vodka Tonics), because I figured it was only vodka and it was very inexpensive. Turns out that it's apparently pretty decent. Lucky guess on my part.
    I used to think of Svedka, Luksusowa, and Fris as the holy trinity of cheap decent vodkas, until they started making Fris in Canada. Last I checked, Fris now tastes like isopropyl. Unfortunately, I only discovered this after infusing some Fris with blackberries from our yard. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 08-25-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I used to think of Svedka, Luksusowa, and Fris as the holy trinty of cheap decent vodkas, until they started making Fris in Canada. Last I checked, Fris now tastes like isopropyl. Unfortunately, I only discovered this after infusing some Fris with blackberries from our yard. Very disappointing.
    Her last bottle was Fris, but I think it was Danish or other Scandinavian origin. Definitely not Canadian.

Now that I am thinking about it, my stepson got a me a big bottle of some Scandinavian vodka that was pretty much like Ketel a few years back. Decent price, and I know they still carry it around here, can't recall the name.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I like some vodka from time to time in the summer months. Local made Prairie Vodka is my favorite, Tito's, Deep Eddy, and Grand Teton are also good.

User Tag List