Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vodka Thread

I'm pretty sure the vodka I was thinking of is Reyka. Extremely clean.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

@Baldanders knows his vodka. I'd add Sobieski to the realm of things that started well and went horribly horribly wrong. For mixers, I see no reason to not go with Luksosowa. Tito's, a traditional Texas vodka, has a pronounced peppery finish most others don't.

Tonic and lemon and/or lime for me, please. It's not like scurvy is going to kill itself.

In ~60 days, with vanilla ginger ale, thanks.
    Last edited by randyho; 08-25-2019 at 04:31 PM.

I agree that Luksusowa is a great choice for your do-it-all, inexpensive vodka.

I think Ciroc, a French grape-based vodka, is worth a try. Some might find it on the expensive side. The folks at Buffalo Trace make a wheat-based option, Wheatley, that is less money, and also worth trying.

If you're willing to let a little flavor sneak in, then TRU Garden Vodka from Greenbar in California is an interesting product. It's infused with botanicals and herbs, and it's interesting in cocktails, or alone. It's billed as organic, so your millennial friends will approve. It's a bit like gin without the juniper (or "gin without the gin", if you will).

For a fruit-based profile, Sol, out of Illinois (North Shore Distillers) is infused with citrus and a little chamomile. Again, switch it into cocktails, shake it and serve it up, or sip it.

And for something completely different, search out Miodula honey vodka. Check the liqueur section. You may have to ask to have it ordered for you. The story goes that a portion of the Presidential bottling is reserved for the president of Poland to give as state gifts, and to serve at state functions. I have no reason to doubt that. It's not expensive. It can just be hard to find.

[Full disclosure: I own a wine shop that sells a few vodkas, including these. I don't/can't ship, so this is not an attempt to shill my wares.]

Site Supporter
    As a gin lover with limited taste buds (I can never be a connisouir of anything food/drink based - horrible sense of smell and limited taste), you've got my attention @fly out

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    As a gin lover with limited taste buds (I can never be a connisouir of anything food/drink based - horrible sense of smell and limited taste), you've got my attention @fly out
    as someone who really like vodka, do I need to explore gin?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post

As one GSD lover to another - this is like asking a stout fan if they should try porters.

Of course you do

That said, right now I'm finishing the last of a limited run of whiskey (the Barreled Reporter) by 12.05 distillery - go get some if you can find any, it's a one-and-done deal.

https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/...205-distillery

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    As one GSD lover to another - this is like asking a stout fan if they should try porters.

Of course you do

That said, right now I'm finishing the last of a limited run of whiskey (the Barreled Reporter) by 12.05 distillery - go get some if you can find any, it's a one-and-done deal.

https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/...205-distillery
    I love whiskey, whiskey does not love me

If the combination of pine needles and hate intrigues you, yes.

Site Supporter
    I love whiskey, whiskey does not love me
    It's not a two way street (barring medical reasons) - if you love whiskey, it loves you - like a drill sergeant loves their recruits.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    If the combination of pine needles and hate intrigues you, yes.
    My favorite tree take downs are pines and furs, so.....yes please?

User Tag List