Thread: Aero Precision blem sale this weekend

Aero Precision blem sale this weekend

#RESIST

I should order some of those stripped lowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I should order some of those stripped lowers.
    You may want to check with local dealers first. I ran the numbers on the $49 blems and after shipping and FFL transfer, the blem lower is only $9.25 cheaper than what I can walk into my LGS and buy it for out the door. My FFL only charges me $15 for transfers, so if you're paying more than that it may not be worth it.

If you're gonna buy a dozen, that changes things.

The local shops charge a little less than $85 for a new stripped Aero lower plus sales tax.

I forget what the others charge but the one I usually go to charges $35 for a transfer including the background check (the state makes us pay $10.50 for a background check). There's an extra $10 for each additional item on a 4473 so that's $65 for 4 lowers. Shipping is free and I have a discount code for 5% off the whole order so when it's all said and done the blem lowers from Aero's website are ~$64 each if I get 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Several years ago, a local shop was doing quantity deals on AP lowers. I inspected a couple and, based on the details of the machining and anodizing, decided that the extra $35/ea for the Mega forged units I had purchased previously was a great deal. I continue to have that opinion.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Several years ago, a local shop was doing quantity deals on AP lowers. I inspected a couple and, based on the details of the machining and anodizing, decided that the extra $35/ea for the Mega forged units I had purchased previously was a great deal. I continue to have that opinion.
    Didn't MEGA get bought out?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Didn't MEGA get bought out?
    Yes, by Zev. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that their quality suffered as a result though. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List