Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who made this holster?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The Tenicor looks interesting, but I’ll give a Perun a try. Thanks!
    I would suggest trying the Tenicor over the Perun. I haven't used that specific Tenicor before, but they offer a great 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it for any reason EVER.

I've been pretty underwhelmed with the 2 Peruns that I have.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I would suggest trying the Tenicor over the Perun. I haven't used that specific Tenicor before, but they offer a great 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it for any reason EVER.

I've been pretty underwhelmed with the 2 Peruns that I have.
    Have a Tenicor OWB. while it’s a solidly built holster I find it uncomfortable and a little too retentive.

In contrast the Perun is my plain clothes EDC and SWAT at work have been using them for low vis ops.

I’m pretty underwhelmed with Bravo Concealment as well.

I would suggest JM or Darkstar gear as alternatives to the Perun.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-26-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    I wish DSG would do a mini Rigel for the TLR7.

Who made this holster?

I have a Perun for the TLR-7. The retention is abysmal at best. Even when maxed out, the smallest nudge would dislodge the gun from the retention detent making the gun loose in the holster. Even while properly seated, the Perun for TLR-7 allows the gun to wigggle in the holster.

That being said, I have a Perun for my X300 and love it. I use it for plain clothes, occasionally CCW in the winter, have used it briefly in a covert to overt role (I don’t do cool guy stuff, just ride with guys that do on occasion). I dig it a lot. Just waiting on the QMS.
    Last edited by BK14; 08-26-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    I have a Perun for the TLR-7. The retention is abysmal at best. Even when maxed out, the smallest nudge would dislodge the gun from the retention detent making the gun loose in the holster. Even while properly seated, the Perun for TLR-7 allows the gun to wigggle in the holster.

That being said, I have a Perun for my X300 and love it. I use it for plain clothes, occasionally CCW in the winter, have used it briefly in a covert/overt role. I dig it a lot. Just waiting on the QMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What gen is your gun?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

What gen is your gun?
    Gen 4.

Gen 4.
    Did you remove the washer that they preinstall for the Gen5 guns? (Homie was reading the RCS website, lol.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Did you remove the washer that they preinstall for the Gen5 guns? (Homie was reading the RCS website, lol.)
    I’m a dumbass at least 99% of the time, so probably not. I’ll check when I get back home and possibly issue a full press release of my stupidity. Thanks for making me question everything!

I’m a dumbass at least 99% of the time, so probably not. I’ll check when I get back home and possibly issue a full press release of my stupidity. Thanks for making me question everything!
    Hey, it happens - it seems to be common enough that they probably should ship with the washer in a baggie with instructions, or a sticker over the screw with instructions.
    Ken

My Perun showed up... and the washer wasn’t installed making my 19.5 a *very* tight fit. The loops were also installed on the wrong side of the holster body, so I think someone got distracted during packaging. Retention with the washer installed is very positive, and fit is quite good.

Did you get a chance to look at your holster? I was amazed at how much that thin washer affected fit.
    Ken

User Tag List