Thread: JM Custom Kydex Range Competition OWB Holster - Quick Review

JM Custom Kydex Range Competition OWB Holster - Quick Review

@GJM was kind enough to send me his JM Custom Kydex Range/Competition holster to play around with while I endure the long wait time of a certain other holster maker. In exchange for such generosity I promised I'd give a few thoughts on the holster.

One feature of really well executed equipment is that it doesn't get in the way of maximum performance, and that is the case with this holster shell. Initial setup on one of my BOSS hangers was easy and painless, as was tension adjustment. This holster is very form fitting to the gun, with little excess material. The molding is excellent, and tension can be set in a wide range from way too tight all the way down to zero. The holster is not as thick as many of the double layer holsters that are currently popular, but that doesn't negatively impact its stability. Properly set up, the holster does not bind at all on the draw, but still retains the pistol at full sprint.

I've been using JMCK holsters almost exclusively for carry for years, and am just as impressed with Tony's competition holster as I am with his appendix rigs. I'll be a little sad to send it back to George, but I'll probably buy one for myself soon.

Name:  JMHolster.jpg
Views: 1791
Size:  53.4 KB
    Last edited by Talionis; 08-30-2019 at 03:41 PM.

I like that they will accommodate multiple attachment options.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    @GJM was kind enough to send me his JM Custom Kydex Range/Competition holster to play around with while I endure the long wait time of a certain other holster maker. In exchange for such generosity I promised I'd give a few thoughts on the holster.

One feature of really well executed equipment is that it doesn't get in the way of maximum performance, and that is the case with this holster shell. Initial setup on one of my BOSS hangers was easy and painless, as was tension adjustment. This holster is very form fitting to the gun, with little excess material. The molding is excellent, and tension can be set in a wide range from way too tight all the way down to zero. The holster is not as thick as many of the double layer holsters that are currently popular, but that doesn't negatively impact its stability. Properly set up, the holster does not bind at all on the draw, but still retains the pistol at full sprint.

I've been using JMCK holsters almost exclusively for carry for years, and am just as impressed with Tony's competition holster as I am with his appendix rigs. I'll be a little sad to send it back to George, but I'll probably buy one for myself soon.

Name:  JMHolster.jpg
Views: 1791
Size:  53.4 KB
    Thanks for the great review! Happy that it is working for you!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List