Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biscuits!

I’m not trying to speak things into being, but the elders in my family who escaped heart disease died much more excruciating deaths such as ALS and Alzheimer’s.

Give me the sudden switch flip and let me enjoy my biscuits in peace. You go do what you want to do.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Bacon - sodium and nitrates. Pass.
    Meh, while Nitrates might not be great, sodium needs to be replaced when you actually sweat, at a rate a lot higher than the .gov says.

Here’s an interesting article: https://livinglongdyingwell.com/2019...Xr8E5fj1eeDDDU

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Neither of which contribute directly to body fat storage or elevated insulin levels.
    Humans have been eating bread for roughly 10,000 years. Even 50 years ago, only about 10% of the population (in the US) was considered obese. Now we're around 40% for adults. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I am thinking the issue isn't bread.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

One cannot effectively profess passion for self defense (ie living longer) and then knowingly ingest foods that are widely considered to contribute to illnesses which shortens one’s lifespan.

But again. You do you.
    Self defense is not about living longer; it’s about buying it on my terms.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I freeze my butter then grate it before I cut it into the flour.

Makes them fluffy and oh so good.

Make them about as often as my home made chocolate chip cookies and my peanut oil fried chicken. Once a quarter because they are deadly. Lol
    Last edited by lwt16; 08-25-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I freeze my butter then grate it before I cut it into the flour. Makes them fluffy and oh so good.
    That is a pro technique. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    Do you preach professionally or just on the internet?
    Everyone who wants to play, go ahead and Increase your joyous biscuit consumption by 5x daily and get back to me in a year about how healthy you’ve become.

Really though I find it - let’s say curious - that we’ll seek out the best training, use the only best parts and ammo in our guns and then say basically “fuck it” when it comes to eating just because most other folk around are just as out of shape or sick as we are.

Getting bent out of shape when someone says processed carbohydrates aren’t great is like being mad when it’s dark at night.

Site Supporter
    This is easily one of the most contentious threads on PF already and it's not even about Glock vs. 1911.

This is why I love P-F

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Who said to eat them all the time? I love traditional southern food...grew up on it but I don't indulge in it every day.

Besides, this thread isn't about the health benefits or lack thereof in regards to biscuits.

Now, hopefully we can see some more family recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    That is a pro technique. Well done.
    Many thanks, kind sir.

Name:  FF466767-635F-48DB-9EA4-AD02F95E8442.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  39.0 KB

No biscuit pics in the phone. How about fried chicken?

User Tag List