Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biscuits!

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    What is your position on bacon?

I eat whole wheat bread and biscuits, my blood work is always good, Im thick, but doc says Im barrel chested with a lot of muscle mass (more so when I was able to work). When I checked, I was on the low end of normal range for body fat percentage even though the widely incorrectly used bmi said different. Am I missing anything with regards to bread and biscuits killing me on the streets or dirt roads?

Im a sourdough fan, with a secondary strong like for cornbread. Does cornbread qualify in the biscuit category?
    Bacon - sodium and nitrates. Pass. But you do you.

I didn’t mean to sound like a jerk. There are anomalies to all things and conditions.

By and large though, folks who eat a lot of baked goods don’t typically fair well at outliving preventable illnesses nor at overall fitness compared to those whom don’t.

Again. You do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I didn’t mean to sound like a jerk. There are anomalies to all things and conditions.

By and large though, folks who eat a lot of baked goods don’t typically fair well at outliving preventable illnesses nor at overall fitness compared to those whom don’t.

Again. You do you.
    Fair enough, thanks.

Again. You do you.
    There is always somebody to suck the joy out of anything, even when they gain nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    There is always somebody to suck the joy out of anything, even when they gain nothing.
    One cannot effectively profess passion for self defense (ie living longer) and then knowingly ingest foods that are widely considered to contribute to illnesses which shortens one’s lifespan.

But again. You do you.

One cannot effectively profess passion for self defense (ie living longer) and then knowingly ingest foods that are widely considered to contribute to illnesses which shortens one’s lifespan.

But again. You do you.
    Do you preach professionally or just on the internet?

I thought this was about making biscuits?

I favor buttermilk BTW

And not one single home made biscuit pic!

...and don't forget the redeye gravy

That there is a biscuit thread on a gun forum speaks well of... everything. Thank you, sir.
    Last edited by randyho; 08-25-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Bread (and processed grains) are one of the greatest contributors to the long lives we currently live on this earth. If it wasn't from bread we'd all be stuck on working farms, hoping that we weren't going to starve in 3 months as winter approaches, and wouldn't have the interwebs to pontificate over the evils of bread. There hasn't been a major famine in over a hundred years that hasn't been caused by government malice or war. The ability to process the germ from wheat and have stable powder that can be easily transported and reconstituted into bread, is truly a work of wonder.

I think I'll go have some biscuits.
    Last edited by txdpd; 08-25-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List