Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Biscuits!

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    There’re are various studies out there on what we eat today, and what we think we ate in the 1940’s and forward. Processed grains and fats the two areas where there are significant increases. They all tend to agree that we just eat a lot more calories, and do a lot less physical work.

Since I had two buttermilk biscuits yesterday, I will practice moderation and wait until Wednesday before I have more biscuits.
    When doing construction work, especially in cold weather, or hunting in cold country, you can eats absolute tons of food of all sorts, not gain weight or fat, and still feel hungry, you burn massive amounts of calories in hard work and cold temps. I agree one of the hardest things on so-called modern people is the lack of much physical activity and abundance of food of all sorts. Balance those factors, intake and activity, and I dont think what one eats is much of a problem.

Duke can even take the joy out of the weight loss thread, but he does him.

I'm on a lower carb diet. I just balance out what I want to eat and practice moderation and self control. That means I still eat biscuits and gravy when I desire. I just don't eat as much of them and I take smaller portions. It's a treat I reserve for days when I know I will be doing heavy labor and it's really cold out. I simply use the recipe out of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook my grandma gave me when I got married.

I make a mean "keto" biscuit that is low in carbs, but still jacks with my calorie intake for the day. They actually taste pretty damn similar to one of those Red Lobster biscuits.

I would love to know what biscuits were like pre bleached and processed flour.

Student
    My intention is to stay on keto for the rest of my life, but one of the things I will always remember fondly is that of the single soldiers I lived with in the B's, you knew which ones came from a certain side of the Mason-Dixon Line even if they seemed to keep nothing but beer in the fridge, because they could produce hot biscuits on a plate in the amount of time it took me to do hygiene and get dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Duke can even take the joy out of the weight loss thread, but he does him.

For me the joy is the discipline.

Adults who drink too much, still haven’t quit smoking and eat whatever is pretty generic. As to the “once in a while treat” aspect...I get it, but I’m not a dog or child so I don’t need a lollipop to make it through the day.

To the autopsy thing - sure. We’ll all die someday, fit or not. Maybe I have no fun because I don’t drink alcohol of any kind, don’t use tobacco and don’t eat desert or fried food.

But single digit body fat and low blood sugar is pretty cool.

As I said in the first post “you do you “.

Truth....I loved biscuits....when I was 60lbs overweight

Name:  9A0AD9A1-4CE8-4F2E-B9C0-599DFBAB5A5F.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  43.9 KB
    Last edited by Duke; 08-26-2019 at 02:18 PM.

I’m with Duke. You really shouldn’t eat it regularly (which happens to make me want it more).

My wife saved me from inhaling a Little Tator from Tudor’s this past weekend (eggs/bacon on fried potatoes covered in sausage gravy with a buttermilk biscuit). Perfect way to pass out seated upright in the middle of the day. Instead, I hit the gym, fasted an additional 4 hours and then feasted on hotdogs and cake. Yup, gimme that cone hat so I can sit on my corner stool.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

If you love biscuits n gravy you will love a KY Hot Brown too. It is made with a cheese mornay sauce but i have also had versions that used milk gravy and mornay sauce.

https://www.brownhotel.com/m/dining/hot-brown
    Last edited by UNK; 08-26-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post

My wife saved me from inhaling a Little Tator from Tudor’s this past weekend (eggs/bacon on fried potatoes covered in sausage gravy with a buttermilk biscuit).
    I haven't tried the Little Tator but that sounds amazing. I like to occasionally treat myself to a Ron with a side of Tudor Rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I haven't tried the Little Tator but that sounds amazing. I like to occasionally treat myself to a Ron with a side of Tudor Rounds.
    Back in my man-child days, the cure was a Mary B, fried potatoes covered in cheese, and a large Sprite. Fairly certain those took more years off than the poison from the night prior. However, there’s not a better fast food breakfast chain on the planet IMO. I might get it once a year now since my carb of choice is something Italian but man, you remember real quick why that drive through line is so long.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Everyone who wants to play, go ahead and Increase your joyous biscuit consumption by 5x daily and get back to me in a year about how healthy you’ve become.

Really though I find it - let’s say curious - that we’ll seek out the best training, use the only best parts and ammo in our guns and then say basically “fuck it” when it comes to eating just because most other folk around are just as out of shape or sick as we are.

Getting bent out of shape when someone says processed carbohydrates aren’t great is like being mad when it’s dark at night.
    Alright, what dietary rules do you reference?
    God Bless,

Brandon

Name:  EF52BF72-E1A7-46C5-B049-31640F8C6373.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  35.7 KB

Name:  A8A6ACB9-2B09-4868-8432-D257C77449C5.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  36.3 KB

Cornbread is ready.

User Tag List