Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 College Football

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Nuh uh.
    See, the problem with quoting a post that consists only of quotes is that no text from it shows up, so the only one that knows what you were responding to is the guy that gets the "JAD quoted you" notification.
    I have no idea if Bo Schembechler really said that the problem with playing Notre Dame is that every Catholic in the world is praying for you to lose, or that he really believed that, but that was always given as the reason U of M didn't play Notre Dame while he was head coach.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    See, the problem with quoting a post that consists only of quotes is that no text from it shows up, so the only one that knows what you were responding to is the guy that gets the "JAD quoted you" notification.
    I have no idea if Bo Schembechler really said that the problem with playing Notre Dame is that every Catholic in the world is praying for you to lose, or that he really believed that, but that was always given as the reason U of M didn't play Notre Dame while he was head coach.
    Dang it; Tapatalk sucks.

Bo Might have said that, and if he didn't he ought to have. My 'nuh uh' was an objection to the substance of his statement. There are many more Catholic universities than NDU. It's my sincere hope that their football program falls apart (or is made illegal, which probably needs to happen) so that they are forced to reexamine their reason for being.

Now, I'll cheer for the Benedictine Ravens all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Dang it; Tapatalk sucks.
    See, I thought you were making some derogatory statement about Herm Edwards as your post was just below my comment about Edwards. Your subsequent posts clear that up. I don't know if Herm Edwards can coach, but I like his messaging. I hope he's successful at ASU.

There are many more Catholic universities than NDU.
    True, but only Notre Dame and Boston College play Division I college football.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    He probably got that from Ohio State's Woody Hayes (who Bo played for and coached under), who wouldn't schedule Notre Dame either. I think Woody's statement was something along the lines of he didn't want all those Ohio kids playing at Notre Dame to be concerned with split loyalties.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    He probably got that from Ohio State's Woody Hayes (who Bo played for and coached under), who wouldn't schedule Notre Dame either. I think Woody's statement was something along the lines of he didn't want all those Ohio kids playing at Notre Dame to be concerned with split loyalties.
    Being an ex-pat Wolverine, I usually just assume the worst when it comes to Woody Hayes...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List